Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Eliza

JTS1
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Eliza

Screwing around with filters. Not sure it works. C&C.

Dec 18, 2012 at 11:48 PM
Steady Hand
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Eliza

Howdy,

First...my standard intro to anyone "new" to me on this forum...
My comments or suggestions below are not a criticism of you, your model, your talent or skill. I offer them in a friendly tone of voice and with the sole intent to help you with a second POV and set of eyes. If you read sincere questions and simple suggestions as "criticism" of you, then you will miss how I am trying to help you.

Of course this may be your own "style" or your own "vision" and I suppose we can assume that the images look just like they do because that is exactly how you like them. That is OK too. It just shows that there are differences of "opinion" on what looks good. IF these are exactly what you want and like, then by all means continue making your images look like that and have fun doing it. I can only speak for myself and what I do or do not find appealing in the posted photos. As I always say: "Follow your own muse."

Thanks for posting the photo here. I enjoy looking at photos and it seems like there are fewer posted now on this forum. So, don't let my comments below discourage you from posting.

I don't find these photos appealing.

It has nothing to do with the subject or her look.

It has everything to do with the very close and very high POV and the "focal point" of the image. A focal point is the place of visual emphasis in a photo or work of art.
It may or may not be in the very center of an image. It is where your design (or focus) has led the viewer to look.

I would say the same if you shot from a very low POV (showing the underside of her nose and jaw/chin).

I don't care for the shadows and the Out Of Focus (OOF) areas (or smoothed areas such as between the eyebrows) in the images either.

I hope these comments help you.

Dec 19, 2012 at 02:08 AM
Chris Tylko
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Eliza

And yet oddly enough Steady I kind of like them but more from an artistic perspective (no pun intended) as opposed to portraiture. I like the softness and the rather different viewpoint. I could see a set of perhaps a half dozen of ones like 1 and 3. I also like 2. Funny how we don't always see the same thing.

Dec 19, 2012 at 02:38 AM
fstop212
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Eliza

I am actually fond of the first shot. I think it's unique and well done.

Dec 26, 2012 at 04:39 PM
ThreeStone

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Eliza

I think your images communicate - very well. If you were going for a standard portraits, Steady is accurate, but as artistic expressions, these capture something that keeps me interested.

Dec 26, 2012 at 06:20 PM

JTS1
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Eliza

ThreeStone wrote:
I think your images communicate - very well. If you were going for a standard portraits, Steady is accurate, but as artistic expressions, these capture something that keeps me interested.

Thanks for the encouragement. I actually was trying to be artistic and not should a standard portrait. However I can accept Steady's comments. Everyone has a view and my goal is to improve.

Dec 28, 2012 at 08:50 AM
gheller
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Eliza

Steady Hand wrote:
It has everything to do with the very close and very high POV and the "focal point" of the image. A focal point is the place of visual emphasis in a photo or work of art.

This is *exactly* why I like these. Don't fall into the trap of having to follow the standard or norm for it to be a good image.

Bravo for thinking out of the box and you have done so brilliantly.

I hope these comments help you

greg

Dec 28, 2012 at 05:51 PM
jojomon11
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Eliza

I really like these, and the emphasis of the close intimate contact. I would not change a thing, well done

Phil

Dec 28, 2012 at 08:12 PM
ether1
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Eliza

I really like the no.1 for being different and well executed.
not sure about 2 and 3....but no.1 is good.

Dec 30, 2012 at 01:27 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password