Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · 6D with 24 TS-E II - Quick Test

pixelpix
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · 6D with 24 TS-E II - Quick Test

I managed a quick test of the of the 24mm TS-E II lens on the 6D yesterday. Nothing technical, nothing scientific and definitely nothing pretty... just a quick handheld grab to ensure that they like each other.

Full Frame:

100% Native Crops...

Bottom Right:

Bottom Left'ish:

Edge:

Background:

The camera was handheld "kinda" level to maintain verticals.
7mm of down-shift applied to bring close (about 1m) foreground objects into frame.
3/4 degree down-tilt plus f11 for DOF

Needless to say.... I think they like each other.

Dec 18, 2012 at 07:53 AM
mikegrados
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · 6D with 24 TS-E II - Quick Test

Looks good to me...always a lens that I think would be great to have.

Did you have CA or perif illum corrections enabled for these shots?

Dec 18, 2012 at 08:29 PM
pixelpix
• •
p.1 #3 · 6D with 24 TS-E II - Quick Test

No... The infinite adjustment possibilities of the TSE lenses mean that there are no profiles for these.

Dec 18, 2012 at 08:58 PM
canon pants
• • •
p.1 #4 · 6D with 24 TS-E II - Quick Test

Wow great shots. Seems like a wonderfull combo.

Dec 18, 2012 at 09:38 PM
ben egbert
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · 6D with 24 TS-E II - Quick Test

pixelpix wrote:
No... The infinite adjustment possibilities of the TSE lenses mean that there are no profiles for these.

Or needed.

Dec 18, 2012 at 09:56 PM
pixelpix
• •
p.1 #6 · 6D with 24 TS-E II - Quick Test

ben egbert wrote:
Or needed.

Agreed!

Dec 18, 2012 at 10:33 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · 6D with 24 TS-E II - Quick Test

ben egbert wrote:
Or needed.

Agreed. It's a very 'clean' lens.

Dec 18, 2012 at 10:40 PM
AGeoJO
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · 6D with 24 TS-E II - Quick Test

It is really an awesome lens for landscape and architectural photography. The 6D seems to be a fine performer, as well.

Dec 18, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

mikegrados
• •
p.1 #9 · 6D with 24 TS-E II - Quick Test

As a person who will soon be in the market to purchase a home, I simply can't believe the low quality of photographs used to sell $200k+ homes! I realize that agents probably don't want to deal with losing any more of their margins, but come on...

I might just have to pick one of these puppies up, get a portfolio together, and put on my salesman hat. I've got the off-camera lighting part down, which I think makes interiors look infinitely better than the over-cooked HDR you sometimes come across. Then again...the public LOVES HDR.

Sorry for taking this a little off topic, but it is sometime I've noticed as a potential market out there - especially for owners of this glass!

Dec 18, 2012 at 11:56 PM
mikegrados
• •
p.1 #10 · 6D with 24 TS-E II - Quick Test

pixelpix wrote:

duh...I met my stupid question quota for the day!

Dec 18, 2012 at 11:59 PM
boingyman
• • •
p.1 #11 · 6D with 24 TS-E II - Quick Test

It would be a dream to have all of the TS-E lenses, especially if they update the 45 and 90. Congrats and looks pretty darn sharp at the corners to me!

Dec 18, 2012 at 11:59 PM
pixelpix
• •
p.1 #12 · 6D with 24 TS-E II - Quick Test

@Mike Sometimes I think this may be done on purpose. I use to shoot commercially and at one stage was blamed for a house NOT selling. They claimed my images made the property look too good and when potential buyers did an inspection they were disappointed.

Edited on Dec 19, 2012 at 12:03 AM · View previous versions

Dec 19, 2012 at 12:02 AM
Gunzorro
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · 6D with 24 TS-E II - Quick Test

Glad to find another person not intimidated to shoot the TS-E's handheld! Such good IQ, whether using movements or not.

Great shot -- the 6D looks outstanding as well.

Dec 19, 2012 at 12:02 AM
mikegrados
• •
p.1 #14 · 6D with 24 TS-E II - Quick Test

pixelpix wrote:
Sometimes I think this may be done on purpose. I use to shoot commercially and at one stage was blamed for a house NOT selling. They claimed my images made the property look too good and when potential buyers did an inspection they were disappointed.

I don't use this often, but OMG! ..and WTF?!?

Good photos cause me to click on the link...good photos make me look up the listing agent...good photos get me to the open house...after that, it's on the agent to sell it!

The biggest culprit are the photos of interiors that are about four stops underexposed because the camera is pointed at the windows. I weep, and then vent here

Dec 19, 2012 at 12:07 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #15 · 6D with 24 TS-E II - Quick Test

pixelpix wrote:
@Mike Sometimes I think this may be done on purpose. I use to shoot commercially and at one stage was blamed for a house NOT selling. They claimed my images made the property look too good and when potential buyers did an inspection they were disappointed.

That's redicorous! Excellent photos induce potential customers to get up off their aspirations, and actually go and see the property. Once there, the reality of the property (and its price) determines if it sells, or not. Do 'they' think that more potential customers would show up for viewings if you had provided crappy photos?

Dec 19, 2012 at 12:27 AM
saneproduction
• • •
p.1 #16 · 6D with 24 TS-E II - Quick Test

Gunzorro wrote:
Glad to find another person not intimidated to shoot the TS-E's handheld! Such good IQ, whether using movements or not.

Great shot -- the 6D looks outstanding as well.

I only ever shot my 17 TS-E handheld. I had to sell it and still miss it dearly. Maybe someday I will buy one again.. or maybe the 24 (though with the 24L II and 24-70 2.8 L II it is less likely, especially since the 17 performs well with the TC 1.4 III).

Dec 19, 2012 at 06:17 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password