Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2012 · OMD-5 or NEX 6 or fuji x-e1 what to get

h00ligan
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · OMD-5 or NEX 6 or fuji x-e1 what to get

kevindar wrote:
I have a 5N with a viewfinder as my second camera, my main one being a 5d3. I liked the larger sensor for the effective extra stop of light and DOF control. the sony 35 1.8 oss, and 50 1.8 oss both seem to be great lenses, and the 10-18 f4 oss has gotten good reviews so far. essentially, sony has the lenses that I would likely use with their system. As my second camera, I dont need everything covered. I will not be doing wildlife or birding with it.

The 5n / 50 1.8 combo is slow to focus in lower light and misses quite a bit. Fortunately mf is easy at that focal length with peaking.

Additionally I know Sony was trying to speed things up but I wish they'd allow the option of turning off the continual focus. It's really annoying.

I've had a 5n for a while now, having sold the x100. The 5n with kit lens focuses marginally faster than revised x100. But it is also not, IMO, incredibly accurate.

I miss Fuji jpg and if I decide the rx1 isn't for me, I'll probably end up with a Fuji. I've all but decided my nex 5n kit lens, 50mm, contact g 28/45 are going in the buy sell.

Obviously great results are possible, I personally find the 5n very fiddly. But I have big hands.

As to the nex 6. I'd be tempted if it looked like the hybrid at paid off more than what I'm seeing.

OMD looks great. The image thread is full of that proof. Great lens selection. But really for me, I'm enjoying the rx100 and 5d kit. I just want one small camera with prime that focuses quickly and can provide shallow dof when desired.

Dec 29, 2012 at 02:12 AM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password