Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2012 · Canon or Nikon for weddings

Orguss
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · Canon or Nikon for weddings

These are gears and tools we use to create pics, how you use them may or may not base on brand, it is how you setup for that shot.

I shoot with canon and have been canon, most of my friends are canon and when we are at a shoot we have plenty of gears to choose and borrow from each other.

Dec 19, 2012 at 10:29 PM
Tajmul12345

p.3 #2 · Canon or Nikon for weddings

actually i have both camera cannon and nikon but i comfort to use cannon.

Dec 20, 2012 at 06:30 AM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.3 #3 · Canon or Nikon for weddings

ricardovaste wrote:
"Not any of the above"

What do you use?

Dec 20, 2012 at 10:19 AM
flash
• • • •
p.3 #4 · Canon or Nikon for weddings

Neither for me as well. There are other strong options out there.

Gordon

Dec 20, 2012 at 10:37 AM
joshmitchell

p.3 #5 · Canon or Nikon for weddings

I don't understand why it's cheaper for you to switch to Nikon and use a D800 (which really is NOT a wedding camera) than it is to buy a 5D3? In the end they are just tools, but the 5D3 is a big step up from the 5d2 in AF and ISO performance. It also brings two slots to the table, and has variable size RAW files which is something Nikon is currently failing at. I just switched from Nikon to Canon because I'm not super thrilled with the Nikon full frame offerings on a cost to feature ratio. D4 is too expensive for me, D800's file sizes are two big, D600 isn't a pro body and lacks a few features, D3S would be a good choice but even used is still more expensive than the 5D3 by quite a bit. For me it was cheaper to sell of the Nikon gear and buy Canon.

Dec 21, 2012 at 07:07 PM
WNStudio
• • •
p.3 #6 · Canon or Nikon for weddings

"Grass is always greaner on the other side", used to shoot Nikon and love the user friendlyness of their bodies. Shoot Canon now (5dmkII's) and don't even thinking of switching back due to Canon's prime lenses (35L mostly) and the d800 being failure (raw file size). Earlier Nikon bodies were always more expensive, and what we are experiencing now is a constant price drop of the d800- doesn't seem to sell very well.
If you are seriously thinking about d800- check first if your computer will cope with the file size.

Dec 21, 2012 at 07:42 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

BriMcD
• •
p.3 #7 · Canon or Nikon for weddings

joshmitchell wrote:
I don't understand why it's cheaper for you to switch to Nikon and use a D800 (which really is NOT a wedding camera) than it is to buy a 5D3? In the end they are just tools, but the 5D3 is a big step up from the 5d2 in AF and ISO performance. It also brings two slots to the table, and has variable size RAW files which is something Nikon is currently failing at. I just switched from Nikon to Canon because I'm not super thrilled with the Nikon full frame offerings on a cost to feature ratio. D4
...Show more

Shot with Canon in the beginning. Switched in the beginning of this year going from 2- 1D IV and a 5D II to 2 D4 and D800. I like Nikon better. No one told me that the D800 isn't for weddings, please don't tell my clients!!

Dec 21, 2012 at 10:50 PM
StephenAndrew

Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #8 · Canon or Nikon for weddings

Canon for me - Because Ashton Kutcher is more of a douche than Andre Agassi.

Dec 22, 2012 at 12:43 AM
Tajmul12345

p.3 #9 · Canon or Nikon for weddings

Actually i personally used canon and i think canon is best.

Dec 24, 2012 at 04:44 PM
sgtbueno
• •
p.3 #10 · Canon or Nikon for weddings

I just like Canon, why? no idea lol, both are amazing products.

Dec 24, 2012 at 07:45 PM
whtrbt7
• •
Account locked
p.3 #11 · Canon or Nikon for weddings

I use Canon and my wife uses Canon..... Yeah.
Nikon and Canon are about the same IMO. Stepping up in res but down in speed would be Hassleblads, stepping up in mobility and lens quality would be Leica, stepping up in convenience would be an iPhone or Galaxy Camera, stepping up in DOF would be a Lytro. Personally I'm not a fan of the 5D3 or the D800 even though the MP is high. I would prefer D4 or 1DX for the framerate alone. Either system would do. I would personally like to just switch to Leica for the lenses and portability but there is a special place in me for very portable, fully automatic, waterproof point and shoots just due to their versatility. Oh and yes, I do use a Sony TX20 for weddings as a waterproof shooter. I guess I want one of a bunch of sizes and formats just so I could pick and choose the right tool for the job.

Dec 28, 2012 at 06:29 AM
BigIronCruiser
• • •
p.3 #12 · Canon or Nikon for weddings

I use a D800 and D4 for weddings, so I apparently didn't get the memo on the D800 not being suitable for weddings. Some people bitch about the D800's file size, but it's really not an issue.

Like others have said, there's no right or wrong. Just go with whatever floats your boat. There are, by the way, some well respected pro's that shoot weddings with Pentax gear. Pentax had some focusing issues with their early DSLR's, but I beleive they've straightened that out.

Dec 29, 2012 at 11:04 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password