Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2012 · Adorama customer service?

meowmix1891

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Adorama customer service?

I have been reading positive reviews of Adorama's awesome customer service and their drive to make their customers happy. I have never dealt with Adorama, and have been buying from BH photo over my short photography career. But my first experience with them, however brief, has not been so pleasant--their customer service was VERY rude.

So I call today, a Sunday, to ask for the availability of the fuji 35mm f1.4 since I was hoping to receive one before Christmas. I was going to buy the fuji x-e1 package deal with the X-E1 body and 18-55mm lens, and the extra 35mm f1.4 prime lens with extra goodies like a memory card and their adorama slinger bag.

So to make the story short, the customer representative makes me feel really stupid about the shipping situation. My question was very clear: If I get standard shipping will it arrive in time? No? Okay I will pay for expedited shipping. If I pay for 3 day/expedited shipping and place the order for the x-e1 package which is in stock, and the 35mm f1.4 lens which ISN'T in stock, will the lens be shipped out with 3 day shipping as well once it IS available? He ends up not answering my question and tries to get me to order over the phone, saying that if I order over the phone with him AT THAT MOMENT, he could offer me free shipping....but its not like that free standard shipping isn't offered on web orders. AND I thought we JUST determined that I needed expedited shipping...I dont want the free standard shipping. He talks to me in a condescending manner.

So turned off by his rudeness, I try to end the conversation. Maybe he was having a bad day. But I forgot to ask if the fuji x-e1 kit also comes in silver, because online, the kit shows only shows up in black. So I call again, and the same representative picks up, and he replies with, "Didn't you not want to buy from us because we can't ship the 35mm f1.4 together with the kit?" with an attitude. Wow. I explained to him that I want to know my options. I was thinking maybe I could order the kit from them (to get the memory card and slinger camera bag) and the 35mm lens from B&H.

I know how hard it is during the holiday season for retail store employees in terms of dealing with LOTS of customers and extended store hours. But I have NEVER received treatment like that from B&H. I really like that Adorama is trying to step up their game by 1.) offering these awesome kits where you're essentially paying $5 for a memory card and free camera bag, and 2. )offering that free VIP membership program. But I dont think I have ever had a rude encounter with customer service over asking a couple simple and harmless questions....

Dec 16, 2012 at 09:41 PM
anthonysemone
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Adorama customer service?

on FM do a search on member Helen Oster. She is FM's Adorama representative here. Copy your post; she'll get back to you.

FWIW, your narrative of the conversation has left me with my head spinning

Dec 16, 2012 at 11:53 PM
BenV
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Adorama customer service?

Yes Helen will take care of it. Hopefully you got the customer service guys name. Adorama is normally a pleasure to deal with. Maybe the guy was having a bad day, but that doesn't matter. When you're working you need to act in a professional manner.

Dec 17, 2012 at 01:55 AM
Helen Oster
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Adorama customer service?

meowmix1891 wrote:
I have been reading positive reviews of Adorama's awesome customer service and their drive to make their customers happy. I have never dealt with Adorama, and have been buying from BH photo over my short photography career. But my first experience with them, however brief, has not been so pleasant--their customer service was VERY rude.

.........But I dont think I have ever had a rude encounter with customer service over asking a couple simple and harmless questions....

Firstly, please can I say how very sorry I am that this was your experience. From the description of the conversation I'm not surprised you have been turned off; in your position, I would be, too.

However, I'm slightly confused that you say you called in to CS when you received this treatment; but it sounds more like you were talking to a Sales rep.

Either way, this is something I'd welcome the opportunity to look into.
Could you please email me directly: Helen@adorama.com with the date and time of your call, plus the number you called from.
I can listen to the call and you can be assurred that this will be addressed appropriately.

Once again my deepest apologies, and I look forward to hearing from you

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

Dec 17, 2012 at 08:53 AM
BenV
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Adorama customer service?

Helen Oster wrote:
Firstly, please can I say how very sorry I am that this was your experience. From the description of the conversation I'm not surprised you have been turned off; in your position, I would be, too.

However, I'm slightly confused that you say you called in to CS when you received this treatment; but it sounds more like you were talking to a Sales rep.

Either way, this is something I'd welcome the opportunity to look into.
Could you please email me directly: Helen@adorama.com with the date and time of your call, plus the number you called from.
I can listen to the
...Show more

BOOM!
and Helen does it again. I especially liked the part about listening to the call

Dec 17, 2012 at 05:48 PM
Sarsfield
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Adorama customer service?

BOOM! and Helen does it again. I especially liked the part about listening to the call

Yeah, welcome to Adorama and B&H customer service help line. What can we do you for today?

Dec 17, 2012 at 10:48 PM
Helen Oster
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Adorama customer service?

Sarsfield wrote:
Yeah, welcome to Adorama and B&H customer service help line. What can we do you for today?

I am truly grateful - as I am sure Henry is - that by supporting us in reaching out to customers via FM forums, Fred enables us to embrace Social Media, providing an enhanced level of service to photographers worldwide.

Not just here to listen to problems and concerns, but to contribute our knowledge and experience to the global conversation about a subject that matter to us all.

Helen

Dec 18, 2012 at 08:29 AM
BenV
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Adorama customer service?

Helen Oster wrote:
I am truly grateful - as I am sure Henry is - that by supporting us in reaching out to customers via FM forums, Fred enables us to embrace Social Media, providing an enhanced level of service to photographers worldwide.

Not just here to listen to problems and concerns, but to contribute our knowledge and experience to the global conversation about a subject that matter to us all.

Helen

It really is a pleasure to have you guys on the forum. That's truly top notch customer service, actively looking for issues and ways to solve them. I can't think of many companies who do that. Most places wait till a problem gets escalated to a higher authority before looking for ways to save problems.

Dec 18, 2012 at 03:01 PM
Helen Oster
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Adorama customer service?

BenV wrote:
[
It really is a pleasure to have you guys on the forum. That's truly top notch customer service, actively looking for issues and ways to solve them. I can't think of many companies who do that. Most places wait till a problem gets escalated to a higher authority before looking for ways to save problems.

Thanks!

Dec 18, 2012 at 03:20 PM
DanBrown
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Adorama customer service?

BenV wrote:
Most places wait till a problem gets escalated to a higher authority before looking for ways to save problems.

By higher authority, you mean New Delhi?

Thank heavens Adorama does not outsource its customer service to another country. Although sometimes you do need a translator for the New York accent.

Dec 18, 2012 at 04:37 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

anthonysemone
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Adorama customer service?

aha, Helen strikes again excellent having here and Henry (BH) here.

Dec 18, 2012 at 06:37 PM
meowmix1891

p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Adorama customer service?

So I have realized that it was a sales rep and not customer service that I was talking to. I guess I was just really annoyed by the attitude of the sales rep but I understand that he could have been having a bad day. I called again today to place my order for a silver Fuji X-e1 bundle, and the sales rep, Steve C. was accomodating. He sent me an email right away saying my order went through.

However, he gave me standard shipping instead of the 2 day shipping that was advertised, saying that it would arrive overnight since I am located in Philadelphia. I hope its true because I am leaving for the West Coast on Thursday night.

But overall, I think I would buy from Adorama again because of the nice bundles/kit deals and by having reps in forums like Fredmiranda, I know they want to do things right. I would have purchased my fuji 35mm f1.4 from them too if they had it in stock(Adorama would have thrown in a Fuji UV filter for $4. I ended up purchasing the 35mm from BH but they didn't have any promotion like that going on). But for my next purchase of my Fuji 60mm f2.4 I will be going with Adorama.

I am now looking forward to shooting with my new x-e1 kit zoom and 35mm, and I will have a nice Adorama slinger bag to store my camera in while I go through airport security.

Dec 19, 2012 at 03:47 AM
henryp
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Adorama customer service?

Helen Oster wrote:

Indeed.

Henry Posner
henryp@bhphoto.com
B&H Photo-Video

Dec 19, 2012 at 08:47 PM
Johnny5liter
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Adorama customer service?

Can you all feel the love up in here?

Dec 26, 2012 at 02:33 AM
Bifurcator
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Adorama customer service?

But this is a good example of why I don't purchase items on-line from a "shop". I much prefer either purchasing stuff in person (if a store) or buying from individuals who likely also have lower used item prices (for on-line stuff).

Still, it's great to see these shops here doing their thing like this. Pretty cool!

Dec 26, 2012 at 03:42 AM
Helen Oster
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Adorama customer service?

Johnny5liter wrote:
Can you all feel the love up in here?

Dec 26, 2012 at 06:23 AM
meowmix1891

p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Adorama customer service?

HI Helen, can I get some help with a return? I have been corresponding with one of your customer service representatives for the past two and half months. I placed a request for a return/refund on this very same order (the order I made in this thread), and it is taking the representative a very long time to get back to me. I have been corresponding with her since January, over which should have been a very simple return. I emailed her back twice, over a week ago and she has yet to respond. I am really getting frustrated with this situation, and wondering what the holdup is.

Mar 14, 2013 at 05:20 PM
Helen Oster
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Adorama customer service?

Of course!

Please email me the details: Helen@adorama.com

Mar 14, 2013 at 05:28 PM
trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Adorama customer service?

Been happily dealing with Adorama for over 30 years. Bought a used 200 f2 VR and had a problem
with the hood they shipped. My first thought was to contact Helen, but I thought no...we'll just let this
play out and see how it's handled. As usual, issue taken care of in a timely & professional manner.
Nice to know Helen is there for us (our resident ace in the hole) when needs be. FWIW, lucid communication
and detailed pictures go a long way in timely resolutions, just sayin'

Mar 16, 2013 at 03:08 PM
meowmix1891

p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Adorama customer service?

Helen, I have sent you an email.

Mar 18, 2013 at 09:43 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password