Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · College hockey - Michigan Tech vs. #8 North Dakota

kmad

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · College hockey - Michigan Tech vs. #8 North Dakota

Hey guys, just starting to get a feel for hockey photography. Still working on trying to capture those puck battles. Also difficult, in general, to shoot and watch the game as a fan as I am determined not to let photography take away from my enjoyment of watching them play. Shooting with the D7000 and 50mm f/1.8D through the glass. Let me know what you think! As for the score, MTU lost 1-6 in embarrassing fashion due to poor defensive efforts, an issue plaguing the team all year. Rematch tonight and I expect a better game.

Dec 15, 2012 at 10:37 PM
ednotfred
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · College hockey - Michigan Tech vs. #8 North Dakota

kmad,
Are you using any type of flash?
I put a flash on my 60D today, pointed to the ceiling and boy did it make a difference in my color. Also set the white balance to 'tungsten'. The 70-200 2.8 IS II does wonders as well.
I like your crops. Your pics look very similar to mine.
I'm thinking now to get of getting a 580 EX II. The flash really does help in those dark barns.

Dec 16, 2012 at 01:53 AM
kmad

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · College hockey - Michigan Tech vs. #8 North Dakota

No, I'm not using any type of flash nor do I own one. I'll have to look into that.

As for colors, I don't think the green is represented well. Other than that, I think the others look good. I'll see if I can mess around on my WB next time.

Thanks!

Dec 16, 2012 at 02:52 AM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password