New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Verified email address through PayPal

Patrick Dorthy
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Verified email address through PayPal

Hello,

I am wondering if it is a requirement to have a Buy & Sell verified email address through PayPal. I have never been asked this before, and wondered if this was a requirement.

- Patrick

Dec 15, 2012 at 02:54 PM
borderlight
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Verified email address through PayPal

PayPal is independent of FM. PayPal will provide verified (home or business) address checks, including an indicator if those addresses are not verified. You will still need to provide a PayPal email address, usually the main one you now use, to any buyers, FM or not, to transfer money. You might want to review the PayPal requirements again.

Dec 15, 2012 at 03:35 PM
Patrick Dorthy
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Verified email address through PayPal

Here is what the issue is...

A buyer on the Fred Miranda forum states that my email address used with PayPal is not verified despite the fact that I have used it hundreds of times for transactions on other merchant exchanges such as ebay, DWF.com, and Fred Miranda. He does not trust the email address I provided based on the fact that he could not find it listed through a PayPal verified email database somewhere.

Anyway,

That is my story.

- Patrick

Dec 15, 2012 at 03:48 PM
borderlight
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Verified email address through PayPal

From the PayPal FAQ:

"How do you know if a seller is Verified?

Simply type in the seller's email address on the Send Money tab and you'll see whether or not they are Verified.

Please note:PayPal's Verification system does not constitute an endorsement of a member or a guarantee of a member's business practices. You should always consider additional information when evaluating sellers, such as how long they've been members of PayPal, or what other customers are saying about them."

Type in your email address and see if you are verified. If not, make adjustments. If you are, move on to the next buyer.

Dec 15, 2012 at 04:05 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Verified email address through PayPal

borderlight wrote:
...Type in your email address and see if you are verified. If not, make adjustments. If you are, move on to the next buyer.

+1

Dec 15, 2012 at 04:33 PM
Mickey
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Verified email address through PayPal

Being Paypal "Verified" is not about email addresses. It's letting Paypal check and verify your home address and bank account along with linking your bank account to your Paypal account. It removes the limit on the amount of money you can send and on other things. It provides Paypal with more information about you and thus provides them and others a little higher level of security in dealing with someone that is "Verified" vs someone who is not.

Dec 16, 2012 at 09:49 AM
BenV
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Verified email address through PayPal

Being verified is a good idea. I personally do not send money to non-verified users. The internet is full of scammers as it is, so I try to protect myself the best I can.

Dec 16, 2012 at 08:53 PM
Grantland
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Verified email address through PayPal

BenV wrote:
Being verified is a good idea. I personally do not send money to non-verified users. The internet is full of scammers as it is, so I try to protect myself the best I can.

ditto

Dec 17, 2012 at 06:58 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.