Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Kashmir- mtns #7 Avantipur Ruins number 2

Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Kashmir- mtns #7 Avantipur Ruins number 2

Only a few of us wandering among the ruins that wintry day.

Charlie Shugart 2012

Dec 13, 2012 at 12:51 AM
douter
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Kashmir- mtns #7 Avantipur Ruins number 2

Nice capture Charlie, is that a modern building in the top right background?
Douglas

Dec 13, 2012 at 04:59 PM
Mirza Ahmad
• • •
p.1 #3 · Kashmir- mtns #7 Avantipur Ruins number 2

Charlie, you and Kashmir and single handedly keeping this thread going Nice juxtaposition of young and 'old'.
Mirza

Dec 13, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · Kashmir- mtns #7 Avantipur Ruins number 2

Thanks for commenting, Douglas and Mirza.
Yes, that's a more modern building. When I was there, a small village had built up around the ancient site. Looking at more recent pics, the village seems to have grown some.
Mirza- it's an unusual situation on this forum for me. I get very few comments, but overall a fairly substantial number of looks.
Anyone who visits FM very often- and has looked at a few dozen of my images- probably has some idea of what to expect from me. Especially on this forum. It's pretty much straight documentary interpretations that represent things and people I saw when traveling: nothing "arty" and nothing really creative. Just the kinds of things you might have seen if you'd been there when I was. Hopefully, I photographed them in a respectful manner.
Obviously, getting feedback is very good for encouraging posters to keep going (and for getting bumps ). But having a couple hundred people look at each of my images is a positive experience also.
Mostly, I suppose, I post for my own reasons, one of which is that I assume there will be at least a little interest in a place as exotic as Kashmir.
Charlie

Dec 14, 2012 at 08:32 PM
sozypozy
• • •
p.1 #5 · Kashmir- mtns #7 Avantipur Ruins number 2

Looks like you had a great time capturing all of this in Kashmir! Good job and thanks for sharing your work with us! It helps a lot of us to learn

Jan 05, 2013 at 11:51 PM
Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · Kashmir- mtns #7 Avantipur Ruins number 2

sozypozy wrote:
Looks like you had a great time capturing all of this in Kashmir! Good job and thanks for sharing your work with us! It helps a lot of us to learn

You are very welcome, Sozy.
I traveled abroad to see different people and things, to learn something about them, and to have good travel experiences. My photography approach is much the same.
Thanks for appreciating my humble offerings.
Charlie

Jan 06, 2013 at 09:15 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password