New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · What to choose?!

treebeard
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · What to choose?!

Looks like I am going to be heading back to New England after being down here in SC for only 5 months. My wife has several very lucrative job opportunities in either NH or MA and honestly it's just too slow paced down here for us. So, I am going to be selling all of my Sony NEX gear to raise funds for.....a D7000 or a used MkIII. I will still be using my K-5 for alot of stuff but I would get the D7000 or MkIII for possibly doing sports and more low-light shooting (my K-5 already shines in the low-light department). Which one would lean towards? I have shot with a MkIII and I loved it, especially when the AF worked!

Dec 12, 2012 at 07:10 PM
trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · What to choose?!

Two totally different toys, Scott D7K's goin' for $700 so you could get some sweet glass
to go with for what you're gonna pay for a 1DmkIII. This bein' the NIKON Forum I felt somewhat
obligated to point that out.

Dec 12, 2012 at 07:15 PM
ScottSchupbach
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · What to choose?!

Are you talking about the Canon 1D III? That's the camera that drove me to Nikon!
After three of them, I wouldn't touch one with a ten foot pole.

Dec 12, 2012 at 07:27 PM
Two23
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · What to choose?!

ScottSchupbach wrote:
Are you talking about the Canon 1D III? That's the camera that drove me to Nikon!

Yes, they have quite a reputation with their AF. The good news is you can probably get one cheap!

Kent in SD

Dec 12, 2012 at 09:22 PM
BenV
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · What to choose?!

I owned a 1D3 for a while, never really liked it. I'd go with a D7000.

Dec 12, 2012 at 09:33 PM
treebeard
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · What to choose?!

Well, after the Monkey chimed in I guess I have no choice, especially since this is the Nikon forum. I heard what I wanted to hear. Good glass is the key anyways. Thanks for the input guys!

Dec 12, 2012 at 09:45 PM
Chris Dees
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · What to choose?!

ScottSchupbach wrote:

+1 from an other 1DIII hater

D7000 + good glass!

Dec 13, 2012 at 03:35 AM
Grantland
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · What to choose?!

ScottSchupbach wrote:

i touched the 1D3 for a couple years and think it is a great camera. i had to send one of my 1d3's in to be fixed and after Canon serviced the body it was perfect and Canon will fix the 1d3 for free. if you buy one from a reputable fm member you should have no worries. i wouldn't be concerned about the focus issue.

i shoot sports 80% of the time so I would pick the 1D3 over the D7000.

grant

Dec 13, 2012 at 08:30 AM
treebeard
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · What to choose?!

I had a MkIII that was supposed to have the AF fix. I remember having to take extra shots just to make sure I would get one or two that were usable. It was very frustrating. I shot with a MkIIn at the same time and I ended up using the MkIIn more due to that (except when it came to indoor sports). I loved the files on the MkIII, the feel of the pro body and the weight. However, even buying one from a reputable member would still make me wary. I think the D7000 is the way to go, especially if I want to do video, which I have been doing alot more of lately.

Dec 13, 2012 at 08:46 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.