Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · need answer to a question please

sandman22
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · need answer to a question please

If I took pictures at an NFL game for a magazine are those pictures now mine/the magazines to sell if we choose to? Or do they belong to the NFL or something?

Thanks

Ben

Dec 12, 2012 at 04:39 PM
clarence3
• • • •
p.1 #2 · need answer to a question please

What were the terms and conditions of your media credential?
Did you have a contract or exclusivity clauses with the magazine?
Do you intend to sell for editorial use or for advertising/commercial use?

Dec 12, 2012 at 05:01 PM
sandman22
• • •
p.1 #3 · need answer to a question please

no contract of any sorts with the magazine. Not selling for advertising or commercial use just to people interested in them.

Ben

Dec 12, 2012 at 05:45 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Carl Auer
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · need answer to a question please

Contact the NFL and ask them. But most likely, you are not going to be able to sell them to people you know. I assume the credential was given to you for taking pictures for the magazine. In the NFL's eyes, that is what the images are to be used for. Yes, you can use them for your personal portfolio if you retain the copyright, but if you want to sell them, there are fees to the NFL, NFL Players Association, teams for use of their logo, players/players agents, etc etc.

Dec 12, 2012 at 06:07 PM
clarence3
• • • •
p.1 #5 · need answer to a question please

sandman22 wrote:
no contract of any sorts with the magazine. Not selling for advertising or commercial use just to people interested in them.

What were the terms and conditions of your media credential?

They're usually quite specific...

In exchange for access to our facilities and/or stadium in ways not available to the general public, you have agreed to certain terms and conditions governing your access and the use of the information you gather as a result of that access, which are incorporated by reference on the back of the credentials card. Credential cards must be displayed at all times in order to enter and remain in our facilities and/or stadium. This memorandum summarizes the complete Notice of Credential Use Conditions, which is both attached to this memorandum and available at NFLmedia.com

Unless permitted by a separate NFL authorization, credentialed (e.g., newspaper) delivered to end users (i.e., consumers such as
readers and TV viewers), regardless of media platform, and not to other organizations
or as part of separate commercial products (e.g., apparel, posters, reproductions or
other memorabilia).

The credential card authorizes (i) the use by the Accredited Organization, solely for news and
editorial coverage of the Game, of any descriptions (including statistical descriptions), accounts,
photographs, non-Game video or audio recordings of the Game, or of player interviews, press
conferences, or other stadium activities related to the Game (collectively, “Game Information”)
taken, made, created, or compiled by the Accredited Organization or the Bearer, and (ii) the use by the Accredited Organization of any NFL or NFL Member Club logos or trademarks (the “Marks”) in connection with the uses of the Game Information authorized herein. Any other use or attempted use by the Bearer or the Accredited Organization of Game Information or Marks, including any distribution of Game Information to third parties other than ultimate consumers (e.g., newspaper readers) for their use (whether before or after the conclusion of the Game, and whether or not for editorial purposes) and any purported authorization by an Accredited Organization of any third party to redistribute Game Information or to use any Marks is expressly prohibited, unless the Accredited Organization has obtained the advance written permission of the NFL.
...Show more

Note, this is just an example and excerpt of NFL credentials T&C. Your terms may differ. But if you attempt to sell to individuals for non-editorial use, be very careful.

Dec 12, 2012 at 06:08 PM
sandman22
• • •
p.1 #6 · need answer to a question please

Sounds good thats all I needed to know I had an incling and wanted to make sure I was following the guidelines. I never had the credentials passed along to me from my editor which would have been helpful. thanks for clearing that up for me.

Ben

Dec 12, 2012 at 06:47 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password