Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Budget flash unit compatible with T3i?

uintaangler
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Budget flash unit compatible with T3i?

Gentlemen of the Canon Forum,
I come to you as a humble representative from the Nikon side to ask a favor for my brother who has just purchased a Canon T3i
He asked if I could help him find a hot-shoe flash unit that is compatible with his new camera at a price in the $50 - $80 range
Thanks,
Bob

Dec 12, 2012 at 12:51 AM
ravisrajan
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Budget flash unit compatible with T3i?

Bob, I have bought two 430 ez flash from KEH for my off camera learning, with ex and bargain rating, I was surprised how good bargain is, only difference is few scratch on flash but EX rating is as good as my 430 EX I am using for the last few yeas even though EZ model is much older, but it still works as a backup flash unit on my Canon 5d Mark 2 when needed. I would suggest to look into this 430 or 540 EZ flash which is in your brother budget range.
http://www.keh.com/Camera/format-35mm/system-Canon-EOS/category-Shoe-Mount-Flashes?s=1&bcode=CE&ccode=21&cc=80545&r=WG&f

Dec 12, 2012 at 02:00 AM
robstein
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Budget flash unit compatible with T3i?

Those EZ flashes will not do eTTL, so unless he wants to manually play with flash power.... How about the 270EX in the $150 range (new anyway)... There are some nissin type flashes that will fo ettl for around the $130 mark. I don't got anything in the $80 range but not too far off especially if you look pre owned....

Dec 12, 2012 at 02:14 AM
riokid
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Budget flash unit compatible with T3i?

A used Canon 220EX would be in your price range.

HTH

dan

Dec 12, 2012 at 04:00 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

BrianO
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Budget flash unit compatible with T3i?

uintaangler wrote:
...my brother who has just purchased a Canon T3i ...asked if I could help him find a hot-shoe flash unit that is compatible with his new camera at a price in the $50 - $80 range

It depends on what he means by "compatible." If he wants full ETTL automation, there's not much on the used market in that price range, and virtually nothing that's new. He'd be better off sticking to the T3i's built-in flash while he saves for something better, in my opinion.

While he's waiting, he might find one of these pop-up flash accessories interesting:

http://www.lightscoop.com/

Dec 12, 2012 at 05:31 AM
ultimaterowdy
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Budget flash unit compatible with T3i?

270EX goes for $80 used I think...

Dec 12, 2012 at 06:48 AM
CW100
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Budget flash unit compatible with T3i?

uintaangler wrote:
Gentlemen of the Canon Forum,
I come to you as a humble representative from the Nikon side to ask a favor for my brother who has just purchased a Canon T3i
He asked if I could help him find a hot-shoe flash unit that is compatible with his new camera at a price in the $50 - $80 range
Thanks,
Bob

Yongnuo YN465, YN467, YN468, etc. SunPak DF3000,
http://speedlights.net/

Dec 12, 2012 at 11:41 AM
robbymack
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Budget flash unit compatible with T3i?

first question to ask is how you let him buy a canon when you are a nikon guy? Ok I jest! In any case is he shooting in full auto mode pretty much all the time right now? If so then the budget probably should be raised so he can get something with ETTL. A lot of folks on here like the super cheap Yongnuo flashes but most (maybe all) are manual only so I doubt your brother will want to deal with that. Probably his best bet would be either a 270 or 430, the former cheaper than the latter, but I feel like the 430 is a great fit for a rebel. Enough power to do just about anything and if he wants to learn photography a bit it will serve him better long term than the 270.

Dec 12, 2012 at 03:34 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password