Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · why does an account get locked?

kalina54
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · why does an account get locked?

I was browsing the buy & sell forum and was contacted (unsolicited) by a person wanting to sell my a Nikon D800. He has no references and now his account is locked...SCAM

Dec 10, 2012 at 09:15 PM
BenV
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · why does an account get locked?

Yes, he was probably banned. Was his name cannon100?

As a general rule, if they have no posts (I try to deal with people with atleast 300 posts) and no feedback, be wary. Everyone has to start selling somewhere, but use your common sense. Never use paypal gift as a payment method, consider your money lost if something goes wrong. If someone just registered on the site 2 days ago, and all 30 of their posts are "nice pic" "good photo", be wary.

Dec 10, 2012 at 10:48 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · why does an account get locked?

+1 to Ben

you may also want to look carefully at folks whose positive feedback is relatively the same dollar amount as what you are being asked to spend or are looking to get from a sale. IMHO, 300 positive feedbacks for items which have a value of 40$ is not the same as 30 items each of which is valued for 400$. In a sale which for me went belly up, I made the mistake of regarding the person's positive feedback of 17 some odd SALES most of which were very significant dollar amounts as indicative of the quality of the transaction when the person was BUYING. NOT!!! He had one positive feedback for a high dollar item which he bought from someone. For my purposes I should have regarded him as a 1 Positive feedback person and gone elsewhere. But, live and learn, eh part of the learning for me at least is that it'll be a cold freakin' day in hell before I ever deal with this guy again.

Dec 11, 2012 at 12:24 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.