Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · 8-shot panorama of Manhattan

justindong
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 8-shot panorama of Manhattan

I've posted this before a while ago but I think I've done a much better job this time around. I have an entire hard drive of just photos, about 75% of which I don't think I've ever touched before. Saw these and decided to give it another go. Last time I did HDR for each part and then merged to a panorama.

This time I only had one exposure to work with since I must've deleted the others for some reason. Anyway, I'm realizing how poor my technique was back then. Matrix metering with some odd white balance issues and underexposed by about a stop. It's amazing how much detail you can pull from RAW files. The new edit is all done in LR4, no HDR. The colors were VERY warm after I bumped the exposure so it was a bit of a struggle to cool it down but still keep it looking "natural"

Here is the original stitch for reference:

Screenshot by justindong, on Flickr

With LR4 edits:

NYC Pano take 2 by justindong, on Flickr

Dec 10, 2012 at 11:23 PM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 8-shot panorama of Manhattan

Consider the option to darken the sky and water to add pop to the image by increasing the difference between the lighter and darker areas:

Dec 10, 2012 at 11:35 PM
justindong
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 8-shot panorama of Manhattan

AuntiPode wrote:
Consider the option to darken the sky and water to add pop to the image by increasing the difference between the lighter and darker areas:

Wow, thanks a ton! I guess I've gotten so used to using LR sliders that I don't even think to use PS anymore. That helped so much though -- here's my take on it:

NYCPano1-Edit by justindong, on Flickr

Dec 11, 2012 at 01:39 AM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 8-shot panorama of Manhattan

Yup. Must more punch.

Dec 11, 2012 at 04:20 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password