Upload & Sell: Off
Last week I continued my experimentation. The only real change I made to my setup was installing a drain in my light table - which significantly reduced the mess. I also learned a lesson when drilling in acrylic - place two flat sheets of wood on both sides and drill through all of them. Otherwise the shaking from the bit rips the acrylic apart. This is quite simple to understand but unfortunately I had to learn the hard way. It is also a wise idea to drill the hole before installing the sheet on the table, so disassembly is not required in the event something goes wrong.
This time I played a bit with different camera angles and also played with some different base compositions. I spent some time doing simple things such as aligning drops and trying different stages of splashes. I also experimented for the first time with bubbles. The first bubble (below) was an accident. I was trying for something else at the time so I continued with my pursuits but later liked the bubble shot most. I then spent yesterday trying to replicate the bubbles with mixed success. I did replicate them but did not improve on the first shot and I still do not fully understand what causes them. I intend to experiment more with that this week.
I will likely continue experimenting in this manner until the end of the year, when I should have the budget to make some large additions to my setup.
This is my "accidental" bubble.
Magic Lamp by CalevPhoto, on Flickr
Another form of accident. I can't remember what I was trying for at the time, but it wasn't this. Still, I thought it was rather cute.
Barista by CalevPhoto, on Flickr
Here I was experimenting with latter stages of splashes. In this instance the hole is caused by a drop previously going through it.
A Window Into It by CalevPhoto, on Flickr