Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Flash Sync 5D3

gregfountain
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Flash Sync 5D3

Hi All,

I'm having an issue when using studio strobes where the very bottom of the frame is coming out dark, when I have the shutter set to 1/200th. I realize this is the faster shutter sync speed for the 5D3, but it seem it should be able to get a full exposure cycle before the shutter starts to close. I'm thinking it has something to do with the fact that the Elinchroms I am using are fired via a wireless trigger (perhaps the delay?). I can get a proper exposure at 1/160th, so I may be limited to that, but still find it hard to believe 1/200th is too fast.

Anyone else have this problem? Any work-arounds?

Thanks,

Greg

Dec 10, 2012 at 06:02 PM
AmIgone
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Flash Sync 5D3

Maximum flash sync speed listed is for onboard flash. 1/160th is all I get with my lights too, wireless or sync cable.

Dec 10, 2012 at 06:20 PM
dedsen
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Flash Sync 5D3

Page 189 of the 5diii manual says stay at 1/160 or slower for studio strobes. What you are seeing is normal.

Dec 10, 2012 at 06:22 PM
gregfountain
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Flash Sync 5D3

Okay. I feel like an idiot! I could have read the manual. Thanks for clueing me in! Much appreciated.

Greg

Dec 10, 2012 at 07:04 PM
dedsen
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Flash Sync 5D3

No need to feel bad. I think Canon set a record for the most pages in any manual so far with this camera. It will take lots of time to get through it all and try to remember 1/2 of it.

Dec 10, 2012 at 07:37 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password