Username  

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · GoPro mounted on a pole for soccer

dslee

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · GoPro mounted on a pole for soccer

I wanted to start taking video of my girl's soccer games. Instead of shelling out lots of $$$ for a professional setup, I was thinking of using a painter pole and my Gitzo G1227 tripod legs, and then mounting a Hero 3 on the end of it. My purpose in taking the video is not to get closeups, but as a teaching tool that I can use to instruct my daughter on game strategies and formations.

Would a GoPro be useful for this purpose? What FOV setting - ultra-wide, medium, normal - should I set it on? I would not have a tilt-able mount so the camera would always be facing down at a fixed angle during the game. I'm hoping that the video would be able to capture the whole width of the field, and then I could rotate the pole to pan the camera as needed. I've been searching the Internet for videos of a GoPro used in this fashion but haven't been able to find any.

Thanks in advance.

Dec 10, 2012 at 01:17 AM
FMarquart
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · GoPro mounted on a pole for soccer

My advise is go and try it... The app on a smartphone can be used a viewer just set it up and try the different FOV to your liking... or if you have the viewer on the rear of the gopro then of course use that. If you don't have either one of those things than eyeball it and hope for the best, in that case I would set it to ultra wide.

Frank

Dec 10, 2012 at 08:05 AM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.