Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Nikon 1-series with P-holder filter

NoHoCA

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Nikon 1-series with P-holder filter

I took advantage of the black friday/cyber monday deals and got a Nikon V1 on fire sale with the kit 10-30mm lens. Its wide end of approximately 27mm equivalent isn't what I consider wide by landscape standards. But Nikon's lens roadmap possibly includes a 7-13mm (20-35mm equivalent) which of course would be great.

Anyway, I've been yearning to do more with filters and I have a couple Galen Rowell NDs gathering dust. Picked up a 40.5mm - 58mm step-up ring and a CPL and 3xND screw-on filters. I haven't broken the packaging on the filters yet and wanted to get a better feel for the potential for mechanical vignetting - with either screw-on filters or Cokin P-holder.

The attached sketch suggests that with either a couple stacked circular filters, or a regular Cokin P-holder (not the slim wide angle version), there might be little concern about vignetting. Just an FYI for anyone considering this route. Please do comment if the sketch is incorrect or could be improved...

http://flic.kr/p/dzXBnd

Dec 10, 2012 at 05:52 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password