Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · 1D3 files...how big can I go?

jaredmizanin
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 1D3 files...how big can I go?

A question on the files from the Canon 1D Mark III...

For Christmas, I am thinking of having a personalized woven blanket made with one of my photos for my mother (mom's always love these types of gifts!). The sizes available for this type of blanket are 37"x52", 50"x60", or 60"x80". As luck would have it, I just traded my 18mp Canon 7D as I never need to go large. I'm thinking the larger pixels of the 1D3 will do just fine. I am uninterested in the 60"x80" option but the other two are possibilities. Will the 10 megapixels of the 1D3 suffice?

Here is a link to the site that does the woven blankets (and to give you an idea of what happens to the picture quality when done as a blanket). Make sure to click on the woven blanket!

http://www.visionbedding.com/PhotoBlankets.php

And I hope I don't get in trouble for asking this (off topic!) but who else does this type of service?

Thanks all!

Dec 10, 2012 at 04:22 AM
nelsonal

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 1D3 files...how big can I go?

Have you taken the photo you want to use yet? One good way to make a high res image from a low res camera is stitching with a longer lens than you might usually use.

I've never gotten a blanket like that, but on most of my blankets, the "pixel pitch" is pretty high, so the overall resolution isn't all that high, if you're concerned the fleece and woven blankets look to be the least demanding on the initial image.

Dec 10, 2012 at 06:26 AM
WAYCOOL
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 1D3 files...how big can I go?

Given the examples on the link you have more than enough pixels I wouldn't worry at all.

Dec 10, 2012 at 06:41 AM
John Shultz
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 1D3 files...how big can I go?

Really? The true resolution of that woven blanket is probably less than 250k. You will have absolutely NO, and I mean ZERO, issue with that image.

Your camera outresolves that weaving technique by a factor of 100

Dec 10, 2012 at 06:43 AM
Beni
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 1D3 files...how big can I go?

John Shultz wrote:
Really? The true resolution of that woven blanket is probably less than 250k. You will have absolutely NO, and I mean ZERO, issue with that image.

Your camera outresolves that weaving technique by a factor of 100

So good it needs to be said again.

Dec 11, 2012 at 08:09 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password