Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Canon G15 high ISO noise reduction

alfarmer
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon G15 high ISO noise reduction

Hello.

Is there a way to reduct the amount of high ISO NR on the G15 for .jpg files? If not, then I may be doing a lot more RAW processing than planned. :-)

Dec 10, 2012 at 02:35 AM
StillFingerz
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon G15 high ISO noise reduction

Here's an article that discusses the G15's NR options, you can't turn NR completely off but you can adjust it...hope this helps

http://www.digitalcamerainfo.com/content/Canon-PowerShot-G15-Digital-Camera-Review/Noise-Reduction.htm

Post a few images if you wouldn't mind, I've a G12 and am interested in the G15's IQ!
Jerry

Dec 10, 2012 at 02:59 AM
racoll
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon G15 high ISO noise reduction

Great link and very thorough review. I think I'll be replacing my G12 with this one.

Andy

Dec 10, 2012 at 04:26 AM
StillFingerz
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canon G15 high ISO noise reduction

racoll wrote:
Great link and very thorough review. I think I'll be replacing my G12 with this one.

Andy

I'm not inclined to get the G15, it looks nice, IQ is a step up from the G12, but lack of an articulating screen kills it for me, I use this feature all the time...

Dec 10, 2012 at 06:12 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

racoll
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Canon G15 high ISO noise reduction

I use the articulated screen some of the time (maybe 30% of the time) and while it's nice to have, the faster lens and faster focus speed are the main features I'm looking forward to and feel that I will benefit from more than the articulated screen. Now if they could just make the same camera with the articulated screen, that would be the best of both worlds!

Andy

Dec 10, 2012 at 08:16 PM
StillFingerz
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Canon G15 high ISO noise reduction

racoll wrote:
I use the articulated screen some of the time (maybe 30% of the time) and while it's nice to have, the faster lens and faster focus speed are the main features I'm looking forward to and feel that I will benefit from more than the articulated screen.

Now if they could just make the same camera with the articulated screen, that would be the best of both worlds!

Andy

+1
The faster lens is a fantastic addition, welcomed indeed, perhaps in the next iteration we'll get our shared wishes!
Jerry

Dec 10, 2012 at 08:33 PM
alfarmer
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Canon G15 high ISO noise reduction

Thanks for the link! I'd actually come across that one when looking for reviews. Although it says there exists and adjustment, it doesn't say under which menu. I just went through every single menu again and never saw the words "noise reduction" or "NR". Is it hidden under something else?

Dec 11, 2012 at 04:48 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password