Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Lower Antelope--SW Trip

burke1973
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Lower Antelope--SW Trip

Headed to Page after Zion. So amazing to have such magnificent places so near each other!! Here was my home base for the next 5 days. Trips planned for Antelope canyon, Horseshoe Bend, Monument Valley and the Grand Canyon! First up was Antelope canyon. I have always wanted to visit this beautiful place. After seeing such amazing photos on FM it was high on my list. I had researched the sunbeams and knew that Nov was not the time of year for them but was quite surprised after speaking to the guides at Lower that there were beams to be had! I came back at the time he told me and sure enough, 1 beam of light! So cool and can only imagine what June is like with the sun directly overhead.

Well here are some from Lower Antelope.

Keith

Indian Chief

Dec 10, 2012 at 01:21 AM
scottinash
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Lower Antelope--SW Trip

#1 is stunning Keith; great composition!
Scott

Dec 10, 2012 at 03:23 AM
kwilliam8
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Lower Antelope--SW Trip

I like the last image. I haven't seen one with the sky like that before.
Keith W.

Dec 10, 2012 at 05:54 AM
JIM BROMPTON

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Lower Antelope--SW Trip

Great shots Keith, When I shot antelope i used 4600 for a white balance and I was pleased with the results. Just curious when you shot the chief if you got the bear and the eagle above it in the same frame. see my shots at jimbromptonphotography.com
I shot the canyons in October and I love the fact the crowds were down and the light angle was good.
Excellent work
cheers Jim

Dec 10, 2012 at 06:27 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Lower Antelope--SW Trip

Hey Keith,

You got some nice shots from Lower Antelope. Your #2 is very interesting with what looks like a sideways light beam... now that is really different.

Jim

Dec 10, 2012 at 06:54 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Lower Antelope--SW Trip

it's difficult getting an unique photo there...but you did with your second image. Very creative.
Fred

Dec 10, 2012 at 07:16 PM
burke1973
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Lower Antelope--SW Trip

Thanks for the comments everyone. You know after seeing such great pics on the forums I was alway looking for unique angles! What I love about the second image was when I tossed some sand and dust in the air to create the beam most of it landed on a ledge and cascaded down. I love that I caught that in the picture, an unexpected surprise! It really was a sideways beam, had to be there at 10am to catch it!

Keith

Dec 11, 2012 at 08:16 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password