Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · canon lens mount for your iPhone

bigbluebear
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · canon lens mount for your iPhone

Not sure if this has been posted yet but I wanted to share. This has got to be the stupidest invention ever!

http://www.macgasm.net/2012/12/04/introducing-the-iphone-slr-lens-mount/

Dec 08, 2012 at 10:43 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · canon lens mount for your iPhone

WTF is "powerful" DOF? It seems that the EOS lenses would be wide open. The best lenses would be AI/AI-S Nikkors or the older AF lenses since they have an aperture ring.

EBH

Dec 09, 2012 at 01:30 AM
CW100
• • • •
p.1 #3 · canon lens mount for your iPhone

I wonder if anyone has actually bought one of these 'adapters'

Dec 10, 2012 at 12:14 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

n0b0
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · canon lens mount for your iPhone

It just goes to show how little the average joes know about sensor size and limitation.

Dec 10, 2012 at 01:00 PM
StillFingerz
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · canon lens mount for your iPhone

@ nobo

"Regular Joe" is spot on! This is why the tiny sensor is so popular, snap away with your phone; P&S and capture everything just like you remember it; like your eye sees it. Sensor size/limitation isn't a bad thing, in fact it's a welcomed gift!

We all know those that just want a snap shot...the non photographers of the world.

All they want is a clearly focused image from front to back, they aren't interested in isolating a given subject from it's background. They aren't trained to see differently, their mindset is about everything in the viewfinder being the subject.

So any statement like "...super duper fantastic amazing killer; etc. depth of field..." simply refers to an image like you might see from a box camera; images from the f64 group, or like TSE images from our host.

It's not sad, these folks just don't see a need for shallow DOF, in fact it annoys them!

"The Art of Photography" is not dead, it's just that there are only a select few that enjoy the difference aren't of the masses. It's kind of like music, Classical, Jazz, etc...the masses like Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga, Karaoke...it's just a matter of taste.

I'll have a warm Dr. Pepper please

Dec 10, 2012 at 02:08 PM
n0b0
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · canon lens mount for your iPhone

I prefer A&W root beer, though it's a bit hard to get in Australia.

I don't think shallow DOF annoys the regular joes. In fact, the ladies love it for the "dreamy" background they provide.

If there's one thing I envy about the regular joes is the way they can enjoy looking at a photo without caring about all the little flaws the way enthusiasts and pros do. They don't look at a photo and look for optical flaws like vignetting or lens distortion or the shape of the highlight bokeh or how creamy the bokeh is. They don't look at photos with clinical eyes.

They just care about the content of that photo, how it makes them feel when they look at it, or if it captured that single special moment. In this regard, I really do envy the regular joes.

Dec 10, 2012 at 03:17 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password