Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · The Unloved Dog.

Chris Fawkes
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · The Unloved Dog.

http://x86.xanga.com/eb5f8b3426635271892293/w216855778.jpg

I saw this lone dog wandering around Venice. I wonder do homeless animals yearn for the love of a human that other animals receive?

Do animals have self esteem and know what it feels like to be unloved?

Perhaps for some it is better to have never experienced the emotional connection with people only to at some point have it taken away.

I always remember seeing a dog getting dumped in the city of Cork in Ireland. A car simply pulled up on the side of the road and the dog was put out then the car drove away.

The dog didn't understand as it tried to chase it's owners until it could no longer do so. I wondered what went through the mind of that dog that night, the confusion and fear. When would it realize it was simply no longer wanted.

I still remember what it felt like watching that dog desperately running after the car motivated by a loyalty and a deep love for it's owners that would never be reciprocated.

Edited on Dec 11, 2012 at 01:20 PM · View previous versions

Dec 07, 2012 at 12:25 PM
douter
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · The Unloved Dog.

Might be going beyond the point of animal reasoning, but nice sentiments, and good capture, though a landscape orientation might better show the emotion drwn through the photo.
Douglas

Dec 07, 2012 at 12:31 PM
Fred Meebley
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · The Unloved Dog.

I like the comp, it makes the dog look very small and alone in a big world. I think it conveys your message well.

Dec 11, 2012 at 12:47 AM
MalachiConstant
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · The Unloved Dog.

good shot, in a perfect world the perspective would be correct, but a T/S isn't exactly convenient.

going to give my pup a big hug tonight when I finally get home from work

Dec 11, 2012 at 01:07 AM
Cmmfl

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · The Unloved Dog.

Your thoughts and the lump in my throat that they produced are why all our dogs have been rescued dogs. They are the best companions!

Dec 11, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Chris Fawkes
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · The Unloved Dog.

Thanks guys.

I think we get more emotional over animals than humans sometimes.

Dec 14, 2012 at 06:29 AM
timbop
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · The Unloved Dog.

I think that animals (dogs in particular) are similar to children, in that they look to us for leadership, protection, and care - rewarding us with their affection. Both are generally helpless and dependent upon adults - which makes them vulnerable. Unfortunately, some of those adults either don't have the wherewithall to care for them or worse view them as a tool to get out their frustrations.

My dogs have always been rescues as well, and my current rottie mix came from the streets of Philadelphia, and could have easily met a horrific fate had she been found by the wrong people.

Dec 15, 2012 at 03:15 PM
Sharona
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · The Unloved Dog.

Your story is heartbreaking. Our 3-year-old boxer, Nico, was 48 hours from being put down in a shelter when he was rescued. We adopted him last April from the group that rescued him. He is the light of my life. Love him to bits. I won't talk about irresponsible humans who have no regard for animal beings. Nice photo of a sad occurrence.

Dec 16, 2012 at 11:41 PM
Tom K.
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · The Unloved Dog.

A powerful image. It evokes emotion. That's important in photography.

Dec 17, 2012 at 06:17 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password