Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2012 · Some BW sea shots

helenica
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Some BW sea shots

On my recent South Africa trip I spent most of my time visiting the 3 beaches in the vaccinity of Sedgefield. I did a lot of experimenting with slow shutter speeds. Hope you people like these.

Dec 06, 2012 at 11:46 AM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Some BW sea shots

These are very nice, moody images - especially the first one. (They may speak a bit too quietly for a forum like this, but I like photographs that work that way. :-)

Dan

Dec 06, 2012 at 03:28 PM
Ed Swift
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Some BW sea shots

Very nice. I think the last is my favourite.

Dec 06, 2012 at 04:22 PM
Chuck Eklund
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Some BW sea shots

Nice set. The light coming through the clouds make the first my favorite.

Dec 06, 2012 at 04:27 PM
jim allison
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Some BW sea shots

Very much enjoyed your images. They are well conceived and very well executed! Thank you for sharing them. Jim Allison

Dec 06, 2012 at 04:47 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Some BW sea shots

Hey Helen,

Very nice shots. The B&W really looks good on these. #2 is my favorite, then followed by #1.

Jim

Dec 06, 2012 at 05:12 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Some BW sea shots

The darker sky balances the comp nicely on the first. Great series!
Fred

Dec 06, 2012 at 05:18 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Some BW sea shots

gdanmitchell wrote:
These are very nice, moody images - especially the first one. (They may speak a bit too quietly for a forum like this, but I like photographs that work that way. :-)

Dan

Hey Dan, why do you think these speak too quietly for our forum? I would think the members of this forum will appreciate the fine work that Helen did here.

Jim

Dec 06, 2012 at 06:49 PM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Some BW sea shots

JimFox wrote:
Hey Dan, why do you think these speak too quietly for our forum? I would think the members of this forum will appreciate the fine work that Helen did here.

Jim

Jim, I'm very pleased to see her work noticed here. :-)

The comment was not intended in the least as a criticism of her work, though perhaps a comment on the nature of work that more often seems to attract attention in forum discussions. It seemed somewhat appropriate in that I had watched this post languish here without a comment while noting the nature of some other image threads that had gotten quite a few comments, and that struck me as a bit surprising.

Dan

Dec 06, 2012 at 07:00 PM
Ernie King
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Some BW sea shots

Very nice set. #1 is my favorite. I like the detail in the rocks, as well as the sun rays.

Dec 06, 2012 at 08:06 PM
Scott Kroeker
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Some BW sea shots

I am sucker for rocks and water and love good BW conversion. You have all that and more! Excellent set!

Dec 07, 2012 at 01:22 AM
philtax
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Some BW sea shots

Hi Helen,

I like the subtle drama in these. Great conversions.

Phil

Dec 07, 2012 at 02:18 AM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Some BW sea shots

gdanmitchell wrote:
Jim, I'm very pleased to see her work noticed here. :-)

The comment was not intended in the least as a criticism of her work, though perhaps a comment on the nature of work that more often seems to attract attention in forum discussions. It seemed somewhat appropriate in that I had watched this post languish here without a comment while noting the nature of some other image threads that had gotten quite a few comments, and that struck me as a bit surprising.

Dan

Dan,

Yeah, I didn't take it that you were criticizing Helen's work, as she is a very good photographer. But it seemed more of a slight towards the forum, and my paternal instincts kicked in. As to posts sliding down with no comments, it just happens sometimes. For whatever reason it just slips into the cracks as we comment.

Jim

Dec 07, 2012 at 01:59 PM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Some BW sea shots

JimFox wrote:
Yeah, I didn't take it that you were criticizing Helen's work, as she is a very good photographer. But it seemed more of a slight towards the forum, and my paternal instincts kicked in. As to posts sliding down with no comments, it just happens sometimes. For whatever reason it just slips into the cracks as we comment.

Jim

Thanks, Jim. It was two things. First, it was meant as a bit of an explanation to Helen (whose work I also like) in case she was wondering about how it was that her images had received exactly zero comments. And second, it was an observation about forums in general and not so much a slight of this forum. If I didn't enjoy this one, I wouldn't be here!

I may say a bit more to you in a PM rather than mucking up Helen's photo thread. :-)

Dan

Dec 07, 2012 at 04:51 PM
teked
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Some BW sea shots

Terrific set, Helen. The first is my top pick. Really like the detail in the foreground rocks in the second. Wonderful light, and water motion in all.

Cheers,
Ed

Dec 08, 2012 at 08:31 AM
helenica
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Some BW sea shots

Thanks for the replies ( and yes Dan I was feeling a bit left out before you replied.)

Dec 10, 2012 at 12:42 PM
BFTphoto

p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Some BW sea shots

Nice B&W conversions, South Africa seems like a great place to visit, I really like the last one.

Dec 10, 2012 at 12:48 PM
Oosty
• • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Some BW sea shots

Ben, it is a great place to visit and Helen has done my part of it proud.

Feb 02, 2013 at 12:55 AM
astro-ep
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Some BW sea shots

Very interesting set. I like the stark contrast between the edgy rocks and the flowing nature of the sea. Thanks for sharing.

Eric

Feb 02, 2013 at 09:05 AM
Mitchell Derr
• • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Some BW sea shots

Really like them all but the last one is sweet. Nice work.

Feb 02, 2013 at 11:44 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.