Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · WT-4a antenna broke

david debalko
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · WT-4a antenna broke

The antenna for my WT-4a wireless transmitter broke, Nikon no longer ships parts so it seems like I'm stuck sending it into nikon or finding something on ebay (although I have not had luck) I also thought about going into Radio shack and seeing if they have a replacement, I guess I don't need a nikon part as long as it fits? Has anyone else felt with this problem? Before I put a lot of money into the Wt-4a I would go out and buy the new wireless transmitter for the D4.
Dave

Dec 06, 2012 at 02:44 PM
PShizzy
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · WT-4a antenna broke

David,

Due to proximity and curiosity, I happened to have a WT-4a near a radiopopper. I found the antennas interchangable, though the radiopopper had a smaller antenna.

I'd guess the connection point on the WT-4a (and the radiopopper) are universal or ubiquitous.

Dec 06, 2012 at 05:12 PM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · WT-4a antenna broke

PShizzy wrote:
David,

Due to proximity and curiosity, I happened to have a WT-4a near a radiopopper. I found the antennas interchangable, though the radiopopper had a smaller antenna.

I'd guess the connection point on the WT-4a (and the radiopopper) are universal or ubiquitous.

The other antena (i.e. fromt the radiopopper) should work. What is the size difference?

Dec 06, 2012 at 10:43 PM
PShizzy
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · WT-4a antenna broke

It is almost exactly twice the length, same thickness more or less. Also, the RP antenna will not bend. The angled one is stuck at an angle, and the straight one just goes up.

BTW, this looks, from further research, like a standard BNC connector for walkie talkies and other radio devices. Consider maybe hitting a radioshack and bringing in the WT unit. I bet you'll find all sorts of stuff for it. Fry's Electronics (if you're in the region), or MicroCenter (how I miss thee), might also have something.

Dec 08, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

david debalko
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · WT-4a antenna broke

well I tried Radio shack - no luck, the walkie talkie's they had did not have removable antenna. I will be near a micro center later this week and will try there

Dec 10, 2012 at 09:21 PM
Matt OHarver
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · WT-4a antenna broke

David somewhere here at the house I have a BNC antenna from a scanner. I know I bought an upgraded one for $14.95 on Radio Shacks web site. If you think it would work I could send it to you.

Matt

Dec 11, 2012 at 03:22 AM
david debalko
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · WT-4a antenna broke

Thanks Matt, I've looked at RadioShack and Micro Center and nothing they had would work, so I am not sure it would work? thank you for the offer

Dec 25, 2012 at 01:17 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password