Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Fuji X-Pro 1 Focus is LOUD!

eninety
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Fuji X-Pro 1 Focus is LOUD!

this is with the 35mm 1.4 lens. anyone else notice this? like really loud and almost distracting. combine this with hunting in lowlight and damn...

Dec 05, 2012 at 08:40 AM
Jochenb
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Fuji X-Pro 1 Focus is LOUD!

Yes. It's the lens, not the camera. It sounds like some of those cheap kitlenses. It's not a dealbreaker for me because I love the results I get from it.

Dec 05, 2012 at 09:09 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Fuji X-Pro 1 Focus is LOUD!

Not a problem for me. I use my X-Pro 1 (and X100) in low light, spiritual ceremonies. It's a lot less annoying to participants than the Canon 1D-series cameras that I'm not using in these situations. The X-Pro 1 AF may be 'noisier' than Canon USM (for sure), but the X-Pro 1 shutter is way quieter than my 1DX/1DIV. In my experience, the X-Pro 1 AF sound is not an imposition on 'quiet time', nor is the X-Pro 1 shutter sound. OTOH, the 1DX/1DIV shutter sound is very noticeable, plus the 1D-series cameras are relatively huge, and so are the 'fast' Canon lenses that would often be used in these situations. The X-Pro 1 ain't perfect, but it's pretty darn good. I look forward to getting a Fujinon XF 56/1.4 R.

Dec 07, 2012 at 12:20 AM
Spyro P.
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Fuji X-Pro 1 Focus is LOUD!

one of the many reasons I'm keeping my x100 alongside my xpro

Dec 07, 2012 at 12:26 AM
AGeoJO
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Fuji X-Pro 1 Focus is LOUD!

jcolwell wrote:
OTOH, the 1DX/1DIV shutter sound is very noticeable... snip...

Jim, you clearly have not tried the silent shutter mode of the 5D Mark III. I know it is not a Canon forum.... . So, carry on, guys and sorry for the OT.

Dec 07, 2012 at 12:26 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Fuji X-Pro 1 Focus is LOUD!

AGeoJO wrote:
Jim, you clearly have not tried the silent shutter mode of the 5D Mark III. I know it is not a Canon forum.... . So, carry on, guys and sorry for the OT.

Hi Joshua. I've heard good things about the 5DIII (or not heard), but I have a 1DX. Also, the 5DIII with a fast Canon lens is a lot more imposing than an X-Pro 1. I use the X-Pro 1 during "silent time", and the big guns for just about everything else. Although, I often shoot the X100 alongside 1DX + 70-200/2.8L IS II. An interesting couple.

Dec 07, 2012 at 11:32 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.