Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       4       end

Archive 2012 · What is your favourite type of photography?

StevenPA
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · What is your favourite type of photography?

I voted "landscapes" because that's what I like to take pictures of mostly.

But I maybe should have voted "nudes" if we are going by the number of photos *looked at*... ;-)

Dec 04, 2012 at 07:02 AM
LightShow
• • • •
p.3 #2 · What is your favourite type of photography?

I really I like all genres, I don't want to limit myself by placing boundaries on style, though I tend to shoot mostly Landscapes and street stuff, so I picked landscapes.

Dec 04, 2012 at 07:27 AM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.3 #3 · What is your favourite type of photography?

StevenPA wrote:
I voted "landscapes" because that's what I like to take pictures of mostly.

But I maybe should have voted "nudes" if we are going by the number of photos *looked at*... ;-)

Hehe. Hehe. That is more honesty than is required

Dec 04, 2012 at 09:47 AM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.3 #4 · What is your favourite type of photography?

LightShow wrote:
I really I like all genres, I don't want to limit myself by placing boundaries on style, though I tend to shoot mostly Landscapes and street stuff, so I picked landscapes.

I totally agree, I also have many interests. Too bad the polls here don't allow customizing the number of votes people get. Three would be good.

Dec 04, 2012 at 09:48 AM
Bifurcator
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #5 · What is your favourite type of photography?

I voted "Nudes".

Dec 04, 2012 at 10:00 AM
cputeq
• • • •
p.3 #6 · What is your favourite type of photography?

I voted landscape, as it is originally why I used to dream (very young) of doing photography-- recording images of God's beautiful creation. I didnt really get seriously into it until I was 32, though, and even though my kids take up a huge portion of my shots, my photographic love is still visiting and shooting landscapes, which I hope to do as often as I can.

I enjoy shooting almost all photography, though, except people (that I dont know - it feels weird or its paid) and some sports.

Dec 04, 2012 at 11:18 AM
Spyro P.
• • • •
p.3 #7 · What is your favourite type of photography?

young nude models
but due to my wife's lack of understanding, I shoot street

Dec 04, 2012 at 11:56 AM
freaklikeme
• • • • •
p.3 #8 · What is your favourite type of photography?

mpmendenhall wrote:
Presumably this is pretty much true for every sport and its chroniclers. Would anyone actually care about a bunch of guys lobbing a ball around, were it not for the stories/drama/history/culture constructed around it?

That's probably a discussion for a different thread, but my short answer is yes, the type of conflict involved in team games (in which people lob around balls) is inherently interesting to people. They're driven by competition, even at the amateur level, since the goal is to win games. Specific to photography, that kind of head-to-head conflict is rife with opportunities to walk away with interesting, dramatic photographs.

Anyway, the only aspect of the sport that interests me is that it's a globally popular method for humans to interact with the ocean. As Derek aptly points out, I live in a landlocked state, so I don't really have a relationship with the ocean beyond it being a place to visit, the setting for shark documentaries, or, on the rare occasion, something to traverse. So I find anyone who chooses to interact directly with the ocean fascinating. And those most passionately devoted to it are a diverse and interesting crowd from a personal perspective.

Edited on Dec 04, 2012 at 11:17 PM · View previous versions

Dec 04, 2012 at 11:07 PM
freaklikeme
• • • • •
p.3 #9 · What is your favourite type of photography?

sebboh wrote:
you should move to someplace with an ocean, it might help.

Oh, no, part of the fascination is that I think you're all crazy. I'll just take longer vacations.

Dec 04, 2012 at 11:16 PM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • •
p.3 #10 · What is your favourite type of photography?

Wildlife, macro and landscape easily my favourite and I enjoy shooting some sports too. Portrait photography, zero interest, unless it's non-human. I would really like to do more still life, product and architecture photography

Dec 10, 2012 at 01:17 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

rico
• • • •
p.3 #11 · What is your favourite type of photography?

Voted product, but what I do is tabletop (which is like landscape with better control of the light ).

Dec 10, 2012 at 05:19 AM
phuang3
• • •
p.3 #12 · What is your favourite type of photography?

rico wrote:
Voted product, but what I do is tabletop (which is like landscape with better control of the light ).

Me too. Tabletop or still life photography is more fun to me.

Dec 10, 2012 at 08:12 AM
AhamB
• • • •
p.3 #13 · What is your favourite type of photography?

I couldn't really pick one here because for me it's a dynamic mixture of landscape, flora and macro (the latter two overlap for me). I couldn't really choose between flora and landscape.

Dec 10, 2012 at 12:01 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.3 #14 · What is your favourite type of photography?

phuang3 wrote:
Me too. Tabletop or still life photography is more fun to me.

Isn't tabletop just a subset of still life?

Dec 10, 2012 at 12:39 PM
ZoneV
• • •
p.3 #15 · What is your favourite type of photography?

Spyro P. wrote:
young nude models
but due to my wife's lack of understanding, I shoot street

:-)
I am a lucky guy - my wife is ok with nude photography.
I canīt shoot street photography, I need to ask people or know them well before I dare to take pictures.

Dec 10, 2012 at 12:44 PM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • •
p.3 #16 · What is your favourite type of photography?

ZoneV wrote:
:-)
I am a lucky guy - my wife is ok with nude photography.
I canīt shoot street photography, I need to ask people or know them well before I dare to take pictures.

Your wife let's you photograph in the nude! What do the neighbours think?

Dec 10, 2012 at 10:00 PM
rico
• • • •
p.3 #17 · What is your favourite type of photography?

carstenw wrote:
Isn't tabletop just a subset of still life?

Good question! Still life is about arrangement, mood, and a composed frame. Tabletop is about the object of interest, with no interest in the surround. Tabletop is closer to product than still life, but we're not trying to sell something. Subjectwise, still life will involve motionless objects, perhaps on a table but perhaps somewhere else (wall, floor, hallway, fireplace); tabletop will be on a table or other flat surface and may involve motion (think splash shots). I think tabletop is allowed edgy lighting and odd angles, while still life is supposed to be homey and organic. Of course, crossover opportunities exist. All just my opinion.

Dec 11, 2012 at 05:48 AM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.3 #18 · What is your favourite type of photography?

Good point about motion! The homey angle is just one style of still life though, not part of the category.

Dec 11, 2012 at 07:28 AM
ZoneV
• • •
p.3 #19 · What is your favourite type of photography?

Pixel Perfect wrote:
Your wife let's you photograph in the nude! What do the neighbours think?
http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/smilielol.gif

Neighbours probably donīt know :-)
I supppose they donīt notice those female visitors with much luggage (nice underwear and such). It is not that often that I shoot nude. At the moment only 1-2 times a year due to our kids :-/

My wife know that photography is a more important drive for me than other amusements

Dec 11, 2012 at 09:35 AM
cogitech
• • • • • •
p.3 #20 · What is your favourite type of photography?

I couldn't choose one. I have a hell of a lot of fun shooting weddings, but I really like landscape/nature/macro, portraits, family/kids (my own), travel, etc. They are all completely different and uniquely rewarding, so I clicked "no vote".

For viewing? Well, its hard to beat nude portraits, of course, but I like landscapes a lot, and there is a lot of cool table-top stuff.

One other category that isn't included, which I really enjoy shooting, is "Performance." Both on location, and in studio. See my website for examples... (perhaps there is another word for this type of photography?)

Ask me the alternative question (what I don't like) and I will not hesitate to vote

Dec 11, 2012 at 09:13 PM
1       2      
       4       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       4       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password