Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2012 · D800 1.2X crop mode samples

trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · D800 1.2X crop mode samples

wellsjt wrote:
TM, the photos are actually 4:5 crop (except for the third one with is 2:3 so that one could be 1.2X mode).

Great shots!

Thanks, but Exif is intact and they were ALL shot in 1.2

Artist: trenchmonkey
Copyright: riversbendphotography.com
Camera: Nikon D800
Lens: AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II, TC-17E II
Shot at 330 mm
Digital Zoom: 1.2

Additionally cropped some for composition presented here, they were captured using the 1.2x mode.
I pull back a taste for an effective 396mm as it's a tad better IQ than the max 408mm. I know how to shoot,
ya gotta trust me....many days go into dialing in various lens combinations with the D800. I work hard getting
the best IQ possible SOOC...it's kinda what I'm known for around here.

Dec 06, 2012 at 04:17 AM
wellsjt
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · D800 1.2X crop mode samples

Ah, I see it now in the exif. I was taking your SOOC a little too literally and just looking at 3 of the 4 images definitely being 4:5 so I assumed you shot them that way. So they are SOOC 1.2X mode, then cropped in post. Got it!

Dec 06, 2012 at 12:28 PM
trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · D800 1.2X crop mode samples

wellsjt wrote:
Ah, I see it now in the exif. I was taking your SOOC a little too literally and just looking at 3 of the 4 images definitely being 4:5 so I assumed you shot them that way. So they are SOOC 1.2X mode, then cropped in post. Got it!

Yeah, the extent of my PP is an occasional crop. Helps sales to be a little generous with the framing of the capture...
hence the 1.2 vs a 1.5 frame filler. You wouldn't believe the weird sizes people want in canvas these days.
Thx.

Dec 06, 2012 at 12:34 PM
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password