Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · sounds Fishy....

ghdarnell
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · sounds Fishy....

Annex 24 Gallery Director and professional artist, Loryn Spangler Jones is currently accepting submissions from local photography students to take part in a mixed media exhibition set to open in June 2013.

This will be a mixed media project with a portion of the exhibition to include photography of Spangler-Jones' work. Chosen photographers will be given free exposure within the local art community, free promotion from the Gallery and possible press coverage. All hung images for the exhibition will give credit to the photographer and be signed by Spangler-Jones and the photographer. All expenses for materials will be covered by Spangler-Jones. Photographer's must have experience with and access to editing software and supply their own camera. It is encouraged photographers supply their own lighting though not mandatory. Photo shoots will be scheduled during weekends according to availability of models, artist, photographer and available space. All images hung will be chosen and priced at the discretion of the Gallery and Loryn Spangler-Jones. This project will be lead and directed by Spangler-Jones and all finished unsold work will remain property of Spangler-Jones. Chosen photographers working on this project will be invited to attend the Opening Reception and are encouraged to invite friends and family.

This is an opportunity to gain experience from partaking in a professional exhibition and can be included on the photographer's CV for future opportunities. 20% of all sales, after Gallery's commission, will go to the photographer.

All interested photographers should send 5 images in jpg format with titles, artist statement, resume, one professional reference and contact information to: my email by December 31, 2012. Please respond to this post for email address. Up to three photographers will be chosen for this project and be notified by email on or before
January 31, 2013.

This is a craigslist post... A bunch of things in here sound really fishy to me. Especially about the artwork remaining property of Spangler-Jones?

Dec 03, 2012 at 05:18 AM
friscoron
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · sounds Fishy....

I'm not really up to speed on how these things work, but I'm not sure it's that fishy. It doesn't look like they're saying that they retain the copyrights to the image, but rather just the images that they frame and hang, and don't get sold. If the gallery is doing the print and framing, that seems fine to me. They may get a future sale out of it. The artist gets 20%.

Using Craigslist for something like this, where they're looking for local artists, is also not a suspect way of getting the info out. Hopefully, they are also using community bulletins and local newspapers, but craigslist is a pretty immediate way of getting things out, and we all know that budding photographers are constantly scouring craigslist for opportuniites.

Dec 03, 2012 at 02:49 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password