Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2012 · Canons continues to loose ground against the competition

Chrissearle
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canons continues to loose ground against the competition

Any comments on the new 19D? From the reviews I’ve seen it looks like the image quality is hopeless and what is Canon thinking offering only 4 gigapixels? Combine this with the noise at ISO 5 million and you have a camera that is virtually unusable! Canon is going downhill fast with their lackluster models and slow to implement 3D printing. I printed out a Sony microcam the other day in four hours and Canons .STL files ( why do they insist on staying with this ancient file format anyway?) are so slow, it took two whole days just to print a new Speedlight!
Fortunately the contact lens uplink seems good and the res is a reasonable half gig, this and the five thousand frames per second go someway to compensating for the otherwise rubbish IQ.
When oh when with Canon catch up with Apple’s 30 gig sensors? Those with a heavy investment in Canon lenses will have to continue with the embarrassment of these pathetically low res files. I so want to take some photographs in an old coal mine with no illumination but guess I will either have to jump ship to Apple or put up with this useless performance a while longer.

Dec 03, 2012 at 04:14 AM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canons continues to loose ground against the competition

What? Whatever you are having I'll take two.

BTW, the correct word is lose. Unfortunately so many people have no clue on spelling (semi-illiterates are graduated from schools in the USA) and I'm sure it is tough for ESL people.

EBH

Dec 03, 2012 at 04:21 AM
Tom Dix
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canons continues to loose ground against the competition

I need to imbibe more. Sober; this is awesome!

Dec 03, 2012 at 04:28 AM
cphoniball
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canons continues to loose ground against the competition

I think he's making fun of people that complain about current technology. I think.

Dec 03, 2012 at 04:30 AM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Canons continues to loose ground against the competition

Tom Dix wrote:
I need to imbibe more. Sober; this is awesome!

This happens to Americans or British who think they know wine.....until they imbibe some real stuff in France, Italy, etc.

Dec 03, 2012 at 04:39 AM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Canons continues to loose ground against the competition

EB-1 wrote:
BTW, the correct word is lose.

EBH

And I bet your French grammar is better.

Dec 03, 2012 at 04:59 AM
woos
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Canons continues to loose ground against the competition

Not funny making loose ground jokes about Japan this year. :P

Dec 03, 2012 at 05:04 AM
Tom Dix
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Canons continues to loose ground against the competition

True Peter; however, no hangover. I have been embarrassed by my inability to keep up with foreign professionals.

Mon francais? C'est trop mal.

Dec 03, 2012 at 05:12 AM
n0b0
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Canons continues to loose ground against the competition

4 gigapixel by 2025? You make Battlefield Earth look like a documentary.

Dec 03, 2012 at 05:29 AM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Canons continues to loose ground against the competition

Tom Dix wrote:
True Peter; however, no hangover. I have been embarrassed by my inability to keep up with foreign professionals.
Mon francais? C'est trop mal.

Dec 03, 2012 at 05:37 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Chrissearle
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Canons continues to loose ground against the competition

Arrrggghhh! I am myself irritated by folks who get spelling wrong, you know, the 'lense' brigade et al. Loose did look wrong to me but as I was just banging off a quick joke about people for whom the fantastic tech that we have today is insufficient I didn't spell check - hoist by my own petard indeed!

Dec 03, 2012 at 05:40 AM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Canons continues to loose ground against the competition

Imagemaster wrote:
And I bet your French grammar is better.

Not all all. I'm trying to help. It sickens me that foreigners are learning incorrect English from the illiterati that plague the internet.

EBH

Dec 03, 2012 at 05:41 AM
AGeoJO
• • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Canons continues to loose ground against the competition

What did happen to Nikon in year 2025? Are they still around . Just kidding, of course.

Somehow that year reminds me of an old hit from 1969: In the Year 2525...

Dec 03, 2012 at 05:54 AM
Jefferson
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Canons continues to loose ground against the competition

Yestada I kouldnt' evin spel injaneer...toda I 'r won...

Dec 03, 2012 at 05:58 AM
user222
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Canons continues to loose ground against the competition

Chrissearle wrote:
Any comments on the new 19D?

I'm going to keep my 18D Titanium XL and wait for the 22D Megacam.

I will say that that for $143,000 dollars at B&H right now, the 19D does look tempting.

Dec 03, 2012 at 05:59 AM
artd
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Canons continues to loose ground against the competition

Chrissearle wrote:

Any comments on the new 19D? From the reviews I’ve seen it looks like the image quality is hopeless and what is Canon thinking offering only 4 gigapixels? Combine this with the noise at ISO 5 million and you have a camera that is virtually unusable! Canon is going downhill fast with their lackluster models and slow to implement 3D printing. I printed out a Sony microcam the other day in four hours and Canons .STL files ( why do they insist on staying with this ancient file format anyway?) are so slow, it took two whole days just
...Show more

Bah. The Apple 30GP sensors are nice but I can't stand the fact that they only store your photos on the iTunes iCloud and if you want to view or print the photos on any device you have to purchase your own photos and download them to that device. I switched to the Google EyeCams back in 2022. It's so much easier to just stick the contact/camera lenses in my eyes and just walk around all day in RE mode ("record everything") and then go back later and search for moments in my day to extract and process as stills. The only bad part is if I go for like a week or so without looking back at the footage there's a lot of it that accumulates but thanks to Google Moments Search I can just tell my cloud interface what I'm looking for and it will usually find the moment pretty pretty quick. The best thing about the EyeCams is they use Sony AD Superconverters. Canon made a big mistake not patenting Superconverter technology and now their market share is obviously suffering from it.

Dec 03, 2012 at 06:23 PM
abqnmusa
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Canons continues to loose ground against the competition

clearly the Canon EOS 19D is crippled. I demand 12 fps from that 30 Gigapixel sensor.

I am jumping ship for Nikon

Dec 03, 2012 at 06:26 PM
StillFingerz
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Canons continues to loose ground against the competition

What a 19D...did I miss something! Snap...Canon bashers unite and go elsewhere, you're boring me!

This "Cripple" will continue to use his crippled crap Canon gears for years. I'm even considering the M; just to piss you all off...

Move to Nikon or Sony or some other brand with inferior glass. Be gone n be happy with your greener grass. And kiss my inferior...

Have a nice shoot if you dare use your crap gear!
I wasn't to harsh was I

BTW, for you winers...any suggestions on a good Pinot under $50

Dec 03, 2012 at 07:40 PM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Canons continues to loose ground against the competition

Hey Chris,
could you check next time if there is any article in 2025 about a great german photographer who set new milestones in photography still using a 13 year old camera with only one center AF point?

Dec 03, 2012 at 08:04 PM
Betacamman
• •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Canons continues to loose ground against the competition

Ralph Conway wrote:
Hey Chris,
could you check next time if there is any article in 2025 about a great german photographer who set new milestones in photography still using a 13 year old camera with only one center AF point?

You mean the glorious Ukrainian Western Republic of 2020? Where Leica and VW merged in 2018?

Dec 03, 2012 at 08:08 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password