New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Missing images

McGehee

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Missing images

Has anyone ever had an experience where images disappeared from their memory card? After the first 500 images were shot my Pentax Kr set up a new folder for the next group of images (this is normal). Approximately 250 images went into that folder, but when I attampt to access the images in that folder I cannot see them on the camera nor can I see them in the folder when I put the 16 GB high speed card in my computer. It says "There are no images in this folder". However, I took photos the next day and a new folder was formed and those images are there and the image numbers start about 250 image numbers higher than the image numbers on the previous folder with the 50 images in it. Therefore I suspect the images are there, but I just can't see them for som reason. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get them?

Dec 02, 2012 at 01:21 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Missing images

Most likely there is FAT corruption. Try a file recovery program before writing any additional files to the card. Lexar and SanDisk have recovery apps and there are a slew of others available, many at little or no cost.

EBH

Dec 02, 2012 at 06:47 PM
McGehee

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Missing images

Thanks so much.

Dec 02, 2012 at 07:04 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.