Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Oregon coast during a storm

tazmans
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Oregon coast during a storm

So I plan on a two day trip down the Oregon coast from Tillamook to Crescent City Ca. I show up the same time a major storm does. So lets get on with it. We drove through mud slides, downed trees and power lines. One hunter lost his life when a tree blew over and hit his tent. I could only get out of the car in a couple of places for photos and they are less than marginal quality but still fun to show.
First shot is of an iconic view of Heceta head light house with 35 foot waves pounding the rocks. There was sea foam being blown clear up here and raining down like snow.
http://www.pbase.com/tazman0895/image/147593350/large.jpg

Next shot is from a simple pull out where I could point the car into the wind so I would squeeze out for a couple of shots at some rocks. You could feel the ground shake when the waves would hit.
http://www.pbase.com/tazman0895/image/147636054/large.jpg

Dec 02, 2012 at 04:50 AM
Dirtyharry71
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Oregon coast during a storm

is the Heceta Lighthouse not covered anymore then ?
in july it was hidden by a black cover for renovations

Dec 02, 2012 at 10:13 AM
Dave R.
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Oregon coast during a storm

Nice capture under the conditions. I recall hearing on the local news about the hunter. Very tragic. That was one doozy of a storm. I did not hear anything on the news about the seas being at 35' as that is not common even during the worst of storms and local damage would have occurred along the coast. Must have been spectacular to watch.

Dec 02, 2012 at 12:27 PM
cherubino
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Oregon coast during a storm

I like the mood of the lighthouse! The 2nd has bit too much HDR look for me, but the convoluted foreground rocks turned out very nice. Thanks for sharing them,
Bob

Dec 02, 2012 at 01:00 PM
ingemar
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Oregon coast during a storm

The 2nd is great but I'd crop the bottom. There is not enough grass to make a point.
Just my thoughts.

Dec 02, 2012 at 02:27 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password