#firstworldproblems

hahahahahahaha

soooo, me right now!!

Dec 02, 2012 at 01:15 PM
cineski
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Really B&H! Really!

I find this opinion perplexing. Nothing wrong with Amazon.

escandon23 wrote:
I was a little hesitant to order from amazon. ill pay a little more for peace of mind.

Dec 02, 2012 at 02:11 PM
Gochugogi
• • • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Really B&H! Really!

cineski wrote:
I find this opinion perplexing. Nothing wrong with Amazon.

I've bought from both Amazon and B&H extensively for many years and both are equally reliable, honest and have good CS. Of course B&H is specialized and you can find high end and rare items and even talk to reasonably knowledgeable sales staff (I never do but some may find this valuable). However, Amazon shipping is always free to Hawaii and returns are easier. Plus, I can order a new lens, bag 'o cinnamon and shaver at the same time!

Dec 02, 2012 at 03:28 PM
henryp
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Really B&H! Really!

escandon23 wrote:
Just ordered the Canon EOS 5D Mark III Digital Camera Kit with Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM AF ... which at the same time yesterday ...

I'll be happy to look into this for you Monday. To be sure I've got the correct transaction please email henryp[at]bhphoto.com and include your name, email address and the B&H transaction number. Thanks.

Henry Posner
B&H Photo-Video

Dec 02, 2012 at 03:52 PM
Tom Dix
• • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Really B&H! Really!

Agree with Ben; rich people problems. No intent to diminish your concern, just believe you are in a good place with b&h.
Peter, I was able to capture that $3300 deal through Amazon. Now I must sell that kit zoom along with my 5d2. Ptior to this transaction, I have only purchased books, software and accessories through Amazon. In addition to the typical order confirmation and shipping 411, I also received an email from 'The Concierge Team' at amazon with email and phone contact info. Kinda comforting.
What I am hoping for; similar bargain on the 1DX, anytime in 2013.

I do apologize for re-posting that I was able to score the Amazon 5d3 bundle. If you are reading and think "geese, I wish he would just shut the heck up about that Amazon deal" my condolences.

And there is the aforementioned henry p. issue soon to be solved.

Edited on Dec 02, 2012 at 04:09 PM · View previous versions

Dec 02, 2012 at 04:02 PM
Bruce n Philly
• • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Really B&H! Really!

Happened to me - they fixed it no problems.

I added it to my cart..... hours later I purchased and the extra struff wasn't there... I called and they fixed it. I think I didn't receive the extra battery for a few weeks. Don't remember the timing but they fixed it.

Bruce
www.TravelThroughPictures.com

Dec 02, 2012 at 04:02 PM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Really B&H! Really!

Tom Dix wrote:
Peter, I was able to capture that $3300 deal through Amazon. Now I must sell that kit zoom along with my 5d2.

Congratulations, Tom.......that will end up being a well priced 5DMkIII in your hands.

Dec 02, 2012 at 05:04 PM
escandon23

p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Really B&H! Really!

Bruce n Philly wrote:
Happened to me - they fixed it no problems.

I added it to my cart..... hours later I purchased and the extra struff wasn't there... I called and they fixed it. I think I didn't receive the extra battery for a few weeks. Don't remember the timing but they fixed it.

Bruce
www.TravelThroughPictures.com

Well i called and spoke to a rep, earlier today, and because i had a pending chat session, would look into it for me Monday, within minutes of the conversation. The situation has been resolved and have shipped the promotional items. So with that being said, thanks for the comments, no matter how they sounded. Although I paid a certain amount for this transaction, no one knows what I had to do to raise and save for that amount of money, i don't have 20-30 years but have to start starting somewhere. i was frustrated with the situation but never said they were a bad company. Again there is a reason why I went with them, could I have gotten this service with someone else? Who knows? but I did make a few phone calls and my chat session, and never once did they say don't worry well get that right out to you, which i didn't expect but some comments seem that i should have just shut my mouth and accepted the fact that i was privileged enough for them to take my order.

So B&H handled MY small insignificant problem and made it right, which i am very appreciative for. Ill just stand on the outside and look in from now on. Sorry.

henryp wrote:
I'll be happy to look into this for you Monday. To be sure I've got the correct transaction please email henryp[at]bhphoto.com and include your name, email address and the B&H transaction number. Thanks.

Henry Posner
B&H Photo-Video

Thanks Henry, but has been taken care of by your great coworkers at B&H.

Dec 02, 2012 at 05:41 PM
Tom Dix
• • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Really B&H! Really!

Peter.

Happy the problem was handled!

Dec 02, 2012 at 06:12 PM
escandon23

p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Really B&H! Really!

Thanks Peter, me too and cant wait to get everything!

Dec 02, 2012 at 10:38 PM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
[X]
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Really B&H! Really!

TSLA wrote:
This would make a good meme. Is concerned about the economy.... pays $4,188 for a camera.

An easy attack on the op, is being original no longer in?

Dec 02, 2012 at 10:53 PM
Pamir

p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Really B&H! Really!

B and H is awesome. Just wait because offers like these have its own pricing/packaging ways.

Dec 10, 2012 at 10:18 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Really B&H! Really!

BH charges no state tax last time I checked, so that $400 saving would be reduced by whatever TX state sales tax is. In addition, there is some chance, perhaps significant, that the items gotten from BH would have been packed more securely for the trip, unlike what others, and I, have experienced, when pricey items have arrived from Amazon - tossed in a box and left to bounce around. I btw rarely purchase from BH, instead appreciating Adorama and KEH more. YMMV.

Dec 11, 2012 at 03:00 PM
       end

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.