Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Star Trail Trigger

reddrum

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Star Trail Trigger

I've been playing with star trails the last week. I have a 5dmiii and a t4i. For both I have a cheapie interval timer like this one:
http://www.amazon.com/NEEWER-Timer-Remote-Canon-D2000/dp/B005LT7CE2/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1354411743&sr=8-11&keywords=canon+interval

I've set intervals, put the camera in bulb mode, and triggered the camera with various durations and all goes well except the only way the intervals work is to have a 1" delay in-between each photo. So the star trails have a slight black spot between each photo and therefore look like dashes rather than solid trails.

I've also done this with locking the trigger down and setting the camera to take 30" exposures. This works, but you don't have full control. You are limited to whatever duration the camera can set to ie: 30" max.

How can I take multiple exposures consecutively with no delay between exposures?

Thanks in advance!

mike

Dec 02, 2012 at 01:36 AM
jleom
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Star Trail Trigger

Mike
I checked the trigger trap app and the shortest gap that can be set is 100 millisecond.
I ordered the dongle and it will be here on Monday so I can check it out.
I'll let you know how it woks.

Leo

Dec 02, 2012 at 02:31 AM
corndog
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Star Trail Trigger

Perhaps Magic Lantern has the features you're after?

Dec 02, 2012 at 02:39 AM
Masahara
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Star Trail Trigger

You can set any duration you want with the TC80N3 timer/remote if I remember correctly. I used it for star trails a few weeks ago again and with no complaints (even with a battery that's been in it for years) although in that case I was mostly using it as "just" a remote with the shutter button on it locked down for continuous.

Dec 02, 2012 at 03:06 AM
BennyR
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Star Trail Trigger

When assembling the finished product, Startrails.de will get rid of the little gaps between exposures rather easily and automatically.

Dec 02, 2012 at 03:23 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password