Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · X-PRO1 & Rokinon / Samyang 14mm, 24mm, 35mm, 85mm???

Randolph.K

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · X-PRO1 & Rokinon / Samyang 14mm, 24mm, 35mm, 85mm???

I'm thinking of getting a few of these lenses (Nikon Mount) and using a converter for the XP1.

Will these lenses work well on an XP1?

If anyone has already done this, will you please post some examples?

Thanks.

Dec 01, 2012 at 11:53 PM
bigkidneys
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · X-PRO1 & Rokinon / Samyang 14mm, 24mm, 35mm, 85mm???

I've tried they samyang 35 and 85 and they were fine with the Xpro1. Didn't get to try the 14 or 24. If you plan on using them with a DSLR its probly worth picking them up but wouldn't do it if just using them for the Fuji as they are all quite large lenses and even bigger with the adapter (at least the Canon one).

Dec 02, 2012 at 01:20 AM
Mescalamba
• • • •
p.1 #3 · X-PRO1 & Rokinon / Samyang 14mm, 24mm, 35mm, 85mm???

But you wont get any corner issues with them. Which is why they are pretty good choice I would say. One of them has bit complex distortion tho (dunno if 14 or 24 .. I think 14).

Dec 02, 2012 at 02:24 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Randolph.K

p.1 #4 · X-PRO1 & Rokinon / Samyang 14mm, 24mm, 35mm, 85mm???

I specified Nikon because I might eventually add a D800 to the gear list, so the lenses could double between systems.

I was thinking some of these Rokinon lenses are around the same price as some of the similar legacy lenses i'm interested in. And the Rokinon optics are fantastic, made for digital, and sold new.

Here's what the 14mm looks like on the XP1 http://www.flickr.com/photos/kinematic/8011025691/
^^ The user jokingly says the lens is heavier than the camera

Dec 02, 2012 at 03:35 AM
FlyPenFly
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · X-PRO1 & Rokinon / Samyang 14mm, 24mm, 35mm, 85mm???

One negative of the rokinons is no electronic aperture control - except Nikon - and the build quality is the bare minimum of acceptable. I have Tupperware that's better made than the hood of the 85mm.

Dec 02, 2012 at 04:05 AM
Kaustubh
• •
p.1 #6 · X-PRO1 & Rokinon / Samyang 14mm, 24mm, 35mm, 85mm???

If we are speaking Rokinon lenses for Fuji X cameras, than we do not need electronic aperture control. I have used the 8mm fisheyes with Fuji mount and it is a wonderful lens. I have also used the 14mm with my Canon 5d Mark II, not the biggest fan of this lens. The build quality is excellent for this lens, the comment above me describes the build of the lens as bare minimum of acceptable, but I tend to disagree. I am thinking of 85mm to pair with X Pro 1 but this might be an overkill, let's see what happens.

Jan 13, 2013 at 06:50 AM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password