Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Anybody Have This? D800 Problem Saving A Shot?

edrud
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Anybody Have This? D800 Problem Saving A Shot?

I swear I'm not going crazy, but occasionally my D800 has been doing this since I got it a few months ago...explanation:

I hold camera up to eye, and take photo. Shooting RAW (as always). I pull camera away from eye to glance at preview image on back, and preview image goes away quickly. When I hit the button to bring the preview image back, the shot I just shot is not there. This has been happening to me since I got the camera, on occasion. It happened several times when I was walking around shooting at PhotoPlus in NYC, and several times since. I have used different CF cards and SD card. I have tried the CF as the primary, and then the SD as the primary.

Has anyone encountered anything like this before?

Be True,
Ed R.

Dec 01, 2012 at 11:45 PM
jared_irl
• •
p.1 #2 · Anybody Have This? D800 Problem Saving A Shot?

I have lost exactly ONE shot (out of 15 weddings) with a situation similar to this. I have chalked it up to a card issue, not a camera one, but it was strange. I took the pic, and went to check focus - I have my LCD turned off by default - and the processing light stayed on and nothing showed up on the LCD. it hung for a couple seconds, so I just switched the camera off and back on again. The pic was gone.

Other than that, it's been bullet proof. If it happened more often, I'd send it back. If I don't have confidence that my camera is going to record what I shoot, what's the point?

Dec 02, 2012 at 05:52 AM
pmac1985

p.1 #3 · Anybody Have This? D800 Problem Saving A Shot?

I've been getting my camera freeze up on occasion and have to be turned off.
I take the picture and the green light comes on and stays on,no picture can be displayed a nod the light stays on for upto a minute,turning the camera off and on puts it back to normal and the picture is saved.
It's totally random and I only take single shots not bursts, 14 bit uncompressed Rawls using a sandisk extreme 32gb 60mb cf card.

Dec 02, 2012 at 09:11 AM
edrud
• • •
p.1 #4 · Anybody Have This? D800 Problem Saving A Shot?

I've never had to turn the camera off and on, not getting a freeze or anything like that.

I did last night decide to turn the LCD "preview" off by default, I always had it on, but don't know if that will solve anything. And it's almost impossible to "recreate" the issue, it happens randomly. I guess a call to Nikon is in order next...

Be True,
Ed R.

Dec 02, 2012 at 12:07 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

James Burden
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · Anybody Have This? D800 Problem Saving A Shot?

I get the occasional hourglass while saving a file. Random for me as well. Happens with single shot and continuous......

Dec 02, 2012 at 12:47 PM
ckcarr
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · Anybody Have This? D800 Problem Saving A Shot?

If this is like a survey someone might read and correct, I had brought up in the other thread related to D800 software fixes (firmware upgrade).

Yes it happens occassionally.

Dec 02, 2012 at 02:57 PM
workerdrone
• • •
p.1 #7 · Anybody Have This? D800 Problem Saving A Shot?

Sometimes mine will lock up for an extended period saving a shot - light on, screen blank. But it gets there eventually. Don't believe I've lost any of those shots. It's rare but I've seen it 3 or 4 times in a couple thousand clicks

Dec 02, 2012 at 03:43 PM
J Newkirk
• •
p.1 #8 · Anybody Have This? D800 Problem Saving A Shot?

I've lost three shots in over 7000.....same scenario as described above for two of them and one got lost as the camera was switching between cf and sd cards.
also...if I have dlighting on and the exposure allowed for too much underexposure, my d800 will process with green light for up to 1 minute (using SD extremepro 90mbs 32g)

jn

Dec 02, 2012 at 07:47 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password