New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · lens decisions

zackrexroad

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · lens decisions

Hi everyone. I am new to the forums here and I don't exactly know the proper place to put this post, so i put it here in the Misc. area just to be safe.

Anyways to the point, I am an amateur photographer that is going to school for photography. I have kindof started my own little business on the side of working and going to school just doing little shoots here and there. I've been running it for a little while now and things are picking up and I am getting a much bigger reach on customers outside of just family and friends. I've also been making a rather nice income and would like to invest in some new camera gear. I currently only have a nikon d200 and a sigma 18-200mm os lens. I have kindof already set my mind on getting a nikon D300 because i love my d200 and would like to keep the faster frames, metal body build, and the bigger size and it is in my price range. However I am having a hard time deciding on my lens choice. I definately want something with better optic quality and i would really like to have something snappy. I was hoping i could get some suggestions on lens choice. I dont want to blow my pocketbook on this lens, and i would really like to have a decent range on this lens or lenses. Any suggestions?

I was thinking something like the nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8, the nikon 16-85mm, and the nikon 12-24. Some sort of combo like this would be ideal. I am also interested in like a 300mm of some sort, but something that doesnt cost an arm and a leg. haha thank you!

Dec 01, 2012 at 05:07 PM
trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · lens decisions

Welcome to FM, you'll get a lot more "traffic" and replies to your thread by posting it in the Nikon Forum.
I'm a fast glass, constant aperture guy...so would recommend the 80-200 and one of the 1.8G primes. GL

Dec 01, 2012 at 06:14 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.