Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Rythercamera

Tom Dix
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Rythercamera

Is Rythercamera a typical NJ bait and switch operation? I noticed a banner on FM and the resellerating is reasonable, however, the Yelp score is 2 of 5, with several complaints. I gotta believe that Fred would not knowingly permit shady stores to place adverts on FM.

Anyone care to share experiences or knowledge.

Thanks

Tom

Dec 01, 2012 at 02:47 AM
sirimiri
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Rythercamera

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1068943
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1130904
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1131481

Dec 01, 2012 at 03:01 AM
runamuck
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Rythercamera

If it sounds too good to be true,it is.

Dec 01, 2012 at 03:14 AM
Tom Dix
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Rythercamera

Yeah. It is what I believed to be true. Interesting, that they have manipulated resellerating, others have ratings much much lower, and advertised on this site.

Not too good to be true. They are what I thought they were. Bait & switch, as mentioned in the OP.

Thanks Greg for the links.

Tom

Dec 01, 2012 at 03:54 AM
bbasiaga
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Rythercamera

They come up about once a month on here....they do seem to be somewhat better at hiding their true nature to the unaware shopper.

-Brian

Dec 01, 2012 at 04:10 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Tom Dix
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Rythercamera

Purchased in Amazon. Terrific deal w 24/105.

Dec 01, 2012 at 07:13 AM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Rythercamera

They are not a Canon USA authorized dealer.

EBH

Dec 01, 2012 at 07:20 AM
mdjgcl

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Rythercamera

I called them about a Canon 1DX they were advertising for <$6000. Item description stated clearly....full USA warranty...but I was told the low price was actually for an import version. I even challenged the fellow about his ad saying full USA warranty but he said I was mistaken despite having the ad in from of me while I talked to him. Called back a second time and was given the song and dance about needing to buy a proper E4N battery to go along with the 1DX as one did not come in the box......despite the E4N battery and charger being clearly listed in the product description.

I think these guys cut and paste product description from Canon's website and then pick and choose what they'll include with an order from an unsuspecting buyer.

Buyer beware and as someone has already stated previously in this thread.....if it sounds too good to be true.....it probably is!

Mark

Dec 01, 2012 at 10:45 PM
arnold1
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Rythercamera

I don't know how people like that expect to stay in business long? But as I write this, I am thinking that they have been around so they must have succeeded in convincing enough gullible/innocent people to buy from them.

Dec 02, 2012 at 04:49 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password