Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Dante's View at Twilight

Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Dante's View at Twilight

Here are different version of Dante's view posted a few days ago.
This one was shot with the 17mm TS-E @ f/8 about 20-30 minutes earlier.
Thanks for posting your comments!
All the best
Fred

Canon EOS 5D Mark III    TS-E17mm f/4L lens    17mm    f/8.0    5s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

Edited on Dec 17, 2012 at 06:33 PM

Nov 30, 2012 at 09:15 PM
Bert DeMars
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Dante's View at Twilight

Fred,
Great color and comps. Only nit I have is the bush in the first shot. Its a bit of an eye-trap for enjoying the rest of the picture.
Bert

Nov 30, 2012 at 09:23 PM
Jeffrey
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Dante's View at Twilight

Hi Fred,

I like the soothing nature of the Dante image.

The Saltflats are a bit rougher on my eyes. The sky and clouds seem to have a bit too much contrast applied, as seen in the intense orange and a few hotspots. The very foreground has much whiter tones than the rear half, which gets pretty dark towards the mountains (which themselves are hard to discern). I think all the saltflats should be more evenly toned, with a natural fade of light towards the distance.

Edited on Dec 01, 2012 at 12:03 AM · View previous versions

Nov 30, 2012 at 10:09 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Dante's View at Twilight

Hey Fred,

Cool shots. I just got back from DV last night! I really like your Dante's Peak shot, for me the foreground bush is really sweet. With #2, I agree with Jeffrey's thoughts. I do like your composition, and you had some nice clouds there.

Jim

Nov 30, 2012 at 11:47 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Dante's View at Twilight

Thanks for the comment. I appreciate the feedback. Following Bert's comment, I toned down the foreground bush so it blends more evenly with the rest of the composition.
Jeffrey, I removed the Salt Flats image and will re-edit it following your advice. Thank you!
Jim, I can't wait to see your pictures!!!
Take care,
Fred

Dec 01, 2012 at 02:21 AM
John Richter
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Dante's View at Twilight

Hi Fred,

I like your composition. I didn't see your first post of the current photo. Your processing looks really nice in this version. Nicely done.

JBR

Dec 01, 2012 at 03:01 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Jeffrey
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Dante's View at Twilight

Fred, the rework is more pleasing, and this image is the masters example of the near-to-far concept. What a range!

Dec 01, 2012 at 09:47 PM
philtax
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Dante's View at Twilight

Hi Fred,

That extra splash of sunset color adds a great contrast to the muted colors elsewhere.

Phil

Dec 02, 2012 at 01:29 AM
grog13
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Dante's View at Twilight

Bert DeMars wrote:
Fred,
Great color and comps. Only nit I have is the bush in the first shot. Its a bit of an eye-trap for enjoying the rest of the picture.
Bert

Personally, I like the bush. Might prefer it in the lower right corner, maybe just a bit less of it. Fantastic shot regardless.

Dec 02, 2012 at 02:54 AM
uintaangler
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Dante's View at Twilight

A real beauty Fred.
Agree with Jeffrey - the range of focus is fantastic
The clarity of the image is another winner

Bob

Dec 02, 2012 at 03:03 AM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Dante's View at Twilight

John Richter wrote:
I like your composition. I didn't see your first post of the current photo. Your processing looks really nice in this version. Nicely done.
JBR

Thanks for your comment John!

Jeffrey wrote:
Fred, the rework is more pleasing, and this image is the masters example of the near-to-far concept. What a range!

Thanks Jeffrey. Tilting the plane of focus allow us to shoot at optimal f/stop. It does not make much difference when viewing web images but it does come into play when printing.

philtax wrote:
That extra splash of sunset color adds a great contrast to the muted colors elsewhere.
Phil

Thanks Phil. I was pretty much in the dark. The only colors and bit of light were in the background.

Dec 02, 2012 at 10:40 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password