Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines
One new topic per day

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Botanical Beach

Matt Tilghman
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Botanical Beach

The Juan de Fuca Pronvincial Park feels like the edge of the world. It's not all that isolated from civilization, and is definitely not the most remote place I've ever been. However, the way you get there, and where you come from, makes it feel like you are ceding control back to the powers of nature. As you drive up from Victoria, British Columbia, the road quickly narrows, and becomes known simply as "West Coast Road". It seems as though its sole purpose for existence is for transporting timber back to humanity. And then, when you near Port Renfrew, it simply turns inland. If you want to go any further north along the coast, you need to find alternate means of transportation, such as boat or plane. It feels as if this is the point where the humanity decided "OK, this is enough, we don't need to go any further." This feeling only adds to the beauty of Botanical Beach (which is located near where the road turns inland). It is the reward at the end of the journey. The beach is replete with tide pools that house the normally-hidden treasures of the ocean, as if in convenient display cases. The forest, not to be out-done, seems to have saved its most beautiful trees for the coastline. The result is one of the most stunning combinations of land and sea that I've ever visited.

Hope you enjoy!

Nov 30, 2012 at 08:39 PM
Dingsbums
• •
p.1 #2 · Botanical Beach

Hi Matt,
I love this photo and what it stands for. This is evidence that the planet will survive after we are gone. Any other photos from this area you can add?
Thanks for posting.
Michael

Dec 01, 2012 at 07:23 AM
teked
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Botanical Beach

Great story, Matt. Looks totally unspoiled by mankind. Must have been an awesome experience.

Cheers,
Ed

Dec 01, 2012 at 01:17 PM
capt don
• • •
p.1 #4 · Botanical Beach

Matt, killer shot, i'm surprised as so few comments. Nice website by the way, I love the bear cut shots, lived on key biscayne for 25 of the 48 years I was in miami and those are nice shots. By the way is this shot with a t&s lens, i'd be curious what you used, nice focus from front to back.

Dec 01, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

philtax
• • • •
p.1 #5 · Botanical Beach

A fascinating mysterious place that puts us in our place - thanks for sharing this.

Phil

Dec 01, 2012 at 11:45 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · Botanical Beach

Hey Matt,

This is very nice, and what a cool reward for that journey. Well done.

Jim

Dec 02, 2012 at 12:58 AM
Matt Tilghman
• • • •
p.1 #7 · Botanical Beach

Thanks guys! And capt don, I'm glad you liked my website (many photos still need to be put there!)

Dec 02, 2012 at 06:17 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password