Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Snowboarding in Lake Tahoe

Nickyb21
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Snowboarding in Lake Tahoe

Hey guys, I finally got around to editing the shots my buddy and I took when we went out to Lake Tahoe earlier this year. Now, there are some problem's with the photo's, these were the first DSLR photo's I have ever taken and I was way out of my league, basically just auto'd everything. I edited some of these and wanted to see what the pros thought based on the originals. I've never had a single course on photography or editing, basically all self taught and constant research of tips from you all! I don't want to over process these since I want to possibly frame them at some point. (nothing crazy)

These shots aren't as sharp as I hoped but still, it's what I have to work with. I can provide the originals if you would like, but won't be till I get home since I forgot to add them on my flashdrive! DOH!

Flare top center, my editing skills aren't that great but can this be corrected?

Powder blasting

Here's a photo we had some passerby take of us, I added one of the edited and one ps'ing the boundary marker out, do you think I should get the rope out as well and maybe crop more of the left side off? thoughts?

Here's it with the stick

Thanks for the help!!!!
Nick

Nov 30, 2012 at 02:08 PM
Nickyb21
• •
p.1 #2 · Snowboarding in Lake Tahoe

Hmmm that bad huh? hahaha

Here are the original's, I would say I've done quite a bit but what do you all think. No they are not Pro pics or anywhere close, still want to save some memories from Tahoe.

unedited

Nov 30, 2012 at 10:39 PM
ben egbert
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Snowboarding in Lake Tahoe

Here's the deal I think. These are great memory images. You were there, I have some like it myself. You can print them and scrapbook or whatever. You can even print it large if you want. But these are mostly personal memory shots. Your processing is fine for the purpose.

The top wipe out image is the main exception. It shows action and captured the moment and might be of more general interest. The other wipe out does not show enough of the person involved. Not even sure its a wipe out.

The stick does not bother me but it does look better without it. Technically I like that image best.

Nov 30, 2012 at 10:53 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · Snowboarding in Lake Tahoe

Memory snaps are kinda tough sometimes to transform into a shot that matches how strongly you remember it.

Here's a stab at a couple.

They need more work @ flare / color balance, but you get the gist at the crop/rotate.

As to the two of you ... the stick out helps. The rope out may not be necessary, maybe if you just remove the yellow streamer on the rope, it'll minimize the amount of attention being called to the rope. Crop options abound ... just depends on how much attention you want to draw to the two of you vs. the scenery ... your call. I like the changes you made as to you guys, but the sky kinda went a bit rogue in the process, so you might consider to reign that in a bit.

Nov 30, 2012 at 11:59 PM
Nickyb21
• •
p.1 #5 · Snowboarding in Lake Tahoe

Thanks for the input guys, I really like those crops better. Having a second or third eye really helps bring out the best in these rather poor pictures. Although these will probably just be going in the scrapbook, still better then the originals. Thanks guys!!!!

Dec 01, 2012 at 08:45 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password