Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
  

Archive 2012 · In between Rain
  
 
CDaescher
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · In between Rain


I was using live view with monochrome preview to tweak the final composition.
It's a great help on a dull day in the woods.
Thanks for looking. Comments are always welcome.

1)
http://christiandaescher.zenfolio.com/img/s4/v64/p1301905402-5.jpg

2)
http://christiandaescher.zenfolio.com/img/s4/v66/p1301905414-5.jpg

3)
http://christiandaescher.zenfolio.com/img/s4/v68/p1301905406-5.jpg

4)
http://christiandaescher.zenfolio.com/img/s2/v70/p1301905430-5.jpg




Nov 30, 2012 at 10:50 AM
Kenj8246
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · In between Rain


Lovely shots, Chris. Reminds me of a Robert Frost line.

Kenny



Nov 30, 2012 at 12:36 PM
StevenZ
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · In between Rain


Nice series, Chris, I particularly like the composition in # 4.


Nov 30, 2012 at 01:01 PM
tomandmarj
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · In between Rain


super series, Chris. my favorites are #1,#4, both excellent compositions.
regards, tom



Nov 30, 2012 at 03:48 PM
gregfountain
Online
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · In between Rain


Wow! These are fantastic Chris! Well done!

Greg



Nov 30, 2012 at 06:37 PM
Sharona
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · In between Rain


Wow - These are all quite appealing. Well done!


Nov 30, 2012 at 06:56 PM
wclavey
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · In between Rain


I like what you are doing here and I, too, have started using this technique to help me assess how well my image is translating into B&W. Thanks for sharing these..


Nov 30, 2012 at 08:25 PM
Charlie Shugart
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · In between Rain


Lovely work, Chris.
They all look good individually and as a series.
These remind me of the first wooded area I looked at closely in Germany: although the trees in the forest were all quite old, they had obviously been planted carefully. Being in Germany, the lines were all straight; the distances between trees were all equal. Order prevailed.
Your Dutch forest doesn't look that well planned, but it sure is more orderly than an old forest in the American northwest . Our trees don't like to be told where to stand .
Charlie



Nov 30, 2012 at 09:10 PM
CDaescher
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · In between Rain


Thank you Kenny, Steven, Greg, Sharona and Wes for the kind comments.
Appreciate you having a look.
Chris




Nov 30, 2012 at 10:46 PM
CDaescher
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · In between Rain


tomandmarj wrote:
super series, Chris. my favorites are #1,#4, both excellent compositions.
regards, tom


Thank you Tom.
I guess #1 & 4 are leading somewhere and make them more comfortable to look at.
Nobody wants to get lost in the woods.
Glad you like.
Regards Chris



Nov 30, 2012 at 10:51 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



CDaescher
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · In between Rain


Charlie Shugart wrote:
Lovely work, Chris.
They all look good individually and as a series.
These remind me of the first wooded area I looked at closely in Germany: although the trees in the forest were all quite old, they had obviously been planted carefully. Being in Germany, the lines were all straight; the distances between trees were all equal. Order prevailed.
Your Dutch forest doesn't look that well planned, but it sure is more orderly than an old forest in the American northwest . Our trees don't like to be told where to stand .
Charlie


Thank you Charlie.
Those trees have been planted more or less in rows as well. I was shooting with a 105mm lens and tried to make it look less obvious.
Today, in most forests fallen trees will not be removed and nature is allowed to do what she does best:
To grow and create habitats for insects, birds, fungi etc. One day our forests will be very wild.
Glad you like the set.
Chris



Nov 30, 2012 at 11:09 PM
Jacob D
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · In between Rain


Chris, I too preferred 1 & 4. The others are a bit static for my taste. I feel like I can just wander into the last image. Also like the use of the lighter tones and that you pulled the blacks up a bit.


Dec 02, 2012 at 09:19 PM
CDaescher
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · In between Rain


Thank you Jacob. Agree, #2 & 3 are static images.
Your thoughts and comments are much appreciated.
Chris



Dec 02, 2012 at 10:36 PM
Rob573
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · In between Rain


For me the whole purpose of a photography is to take one back to a memory of something/someone/some place embedded in their mind. To evoke the feeling one had at a specific point in time. These photos of yours did just that for me. They were realistic enough to take me back to a place and time in my life that has great memories attached.
The composition and entire set up is very well done. In short....your photos of these woods made me feel very good.



Dec 03, 2012 at 12:44 AM
T-bone1
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · In between Rain


Put me down for liking #3 the best.
I like the canopy of leaves on the lower part of the tree. It adds a nice appeal to your image.

T



Dec 03, 2012 at 01:13 AM
CDaescher
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · In between Rain


Rob573 wrote:
For me the whole purpose of a photography is to take one back to a memory of something/someone/some place embedded in their mind. To evoke the feeling one had at a specific point in time. These photos of yours did just that for me. They were realistic enough to take me back to a place and time in my life that has great memories attached.
The composition and entire set up is very well done. In short....your photos of these woods made me feel very good.


Manny thanks Rob for the good words.
I like your thoughts about photography. They make a lot of good sense.
And I'm glad to hear these images have such a big impact on you.
Regards Chris




Dec 03, 2012 at 06:49 PM
CDaescher
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · In between Rain


T-bone1 wrote:
Put me down for liking #3 the best.
I like the canopy of leaves on the lower part of the tree. It adds a nice appeal to your image.

T


Thank you Tim for the pick.
That canopy of leaves did look very cool (in color) one week before this version.
It probably would have looked even better before that but I wasn't aware of the location.
Glad you like #3.
Chris




Dec 03, 2012 at 06:57 PM
sbeme
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · In between Rain


Chris,
an impressive series
having tried many times, and generally failed, I can really appreciate the skill in composition and processing to make these woodland scenes work.
Favorites? 1,2,3,4 in that order.

Scott



Dec 04, 2012 at 12:40 AM
Mike M. Kraus
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · In between Rain


Nice work, that last one for me !
Mike



Dec 04, 2012 at 02:44 AM
CDaescher
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · In between Rain


sbeme wrote:
Chris,
an impressive series
having tried many times, and generally failed, I can really appreciate the skill in composition and processing to make these woodland scenes work.
Favorites? 1,2,3,4 in that order.

Scott


Manny thanks Scott.
I think the compression of the 105mm lens and a mid hight point of view did help here to make them work.
All I needed was a forest in appealing B&W condition and soft light.
Glad you like them.
Chris




Dec 04, 2012 at 05:31 PM
1
       2       end




FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password