Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Radio trigger effecting images from 5D....

anthonygh
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Radio trigger effecting images from 5D....

Has anyone had this problem.......a thin string of mosaic like patterns along the top edge of images?

The picture here is exactly what I am referring to but mine is much worse!

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=812410

I have just tried another radio trigger and also a Canon Speedlight and the problem went away.....but using the same trigger on a 40D and G1X is fine...no sign of any patterning.

Is there any way round this......or should I resign myself to not using that particular trigger with my 5D?

Nov 30, 2012 at 12:49 AM
PeaktoPeek
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Radio trigger effecting images from 5D....

I think this is a fairly common issue with the 5D --its pretty vulnerable to RF interference.
Paul

Nov 30, 2012 at 01:02 AM
anthonygh
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Radio trigger effecting images from 5D....

This probably won't inspire confidence....but because I am having a problem with a G1X, that issue has been elevated to a level 2 enquiry. Anyway...I added my query about the 5D and sent a sample pic to the guy I am in extended communication with.

A bit later, thanks to Google etc I knew the problem was definitely RFI and emailed him to 'cancel' my query.

I received a reply this morning, thanking me for the interesting and useful information about RFI, which he had been unaware of!! I am not sure if this sort of issue should be widely know by Canon service engineers or not.....I would have thought so myself.

Nov 30, 2012 at 12:56 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password