Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2012 · From yesterday morning

ben egbert
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · From yesterday morning

For Mister Bean: This is one of the best critique forums I have encountered and I have been doing this for 8-9 years.

I agree it tends to be more oriented to post processing than the initial capture. I try to nudge it back toward capture. It also relies a bit to much on formula over content. I resist that as well.

But then I have had no art training unless you count technical illustrating. I know what I like the instant I see it. Its purely instinctive to me. If I attempt to analyze it, it takes it off course.

I analyze the processes used with the camera and post processing, but not the scene itself.

For this scene, I saw that pink cloud developing while waiting for the real show later. I swung around to get it period. Just like swatting at a fly. I knew it would probably not amount to much. When I saw that it had leading lines, something that is one of the formulas I keep hearing about, I decided to see if that would appeal to anyone.

For me, the point of a landscape is almost always the totality of the scene, not some specific point. If I wanted to emphasize one point I would zoom in. But as a rule, I don't do macros.

This was the point of being here, posted to the landscape forum.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1170658/0#lastmessage

Dec 02, 2012 at 03:39 PM
       end

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password