Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Is CPS down?

ben egbert
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Is CPS down?

Been trying to add product and renew membership but the website freezes. Tried calling but get put on hold for way longer than usual for Canon. Just wondering if they are experiencing issues?

Nov 29, 2012 at 06:18 PM
AmIgone
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Is CPS down?

I'm able to login, pretty slow though.

Nov 29, 2012 at 06:33 PM
Sankar Salvady

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Is CPS down?

Seems to work fine for me. Just added and removed some products

Nov 29, 2012 at 06:34 PM
robstein
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Is CPS down?

It's been crappy for a while.... I got a 5d2 in my cart a couple of days ago and failed on the submit after credit card... now none there :-(

Nov 29, 2012 at 06:49 PM
devaulrg
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Is CPS down?

I've been having issues with Canon's site too. When I was checking on my order it took forever to load and sometimes wouldn't at all.

Nov 29, 2012 at 06:55 PM
oldrattler
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Is CPS down?

Thank God, I thought it was just me. I logged in about a week ago and tried to renew. I have been in continual contact with customer service via email ever since. They now want me to photograph my web pages so they can analyze the problem. WHatttt!!! The website will let me upgrade, or open a new account, but not renew... Somethings wrong in CanonLand...

Nov 29, 2012 at 07:02 PM
ben egbert
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Is CPS down?

Ok, I had to send my camera in so I called the Irvine Service center and noted the problem. I asked if they had problems but the lady did not know. She did say that CPS had a 7 minute wait, that's pretty long in my experience.

She took my info and said she would inform the IP department.

I can log in ok, but it just fails when I enter info or try to renew.

I will let everyone know if it gets fixed or I get an answer.

Nov 29, 2012 at 08:48 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Gunzorro
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Is CPS down?

Hi Ben -- Do you have the Irvine CPS phone # handy? Could you please post it, along with the CPS member rep there? Thanks!

Nov 29, 2012 at 09:12 PM
ben egbert
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Is CPS down?

I just Googled Canon Irvine and got this number. I don't have a CPS service rep number, that's what I have been having trouble with. This is just the plain old factory service that we used before CPS.

So much for buying preferred service.

(949) 753-4237

Nov 29, 2012 at 10:04 PM
Gunzorro
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Is CPS down?

Thanks Ben!

I had driven down personally over a year ago, and was taken back into the CPS sanctum, where I got to drop off my gear and have a face to face chat. I got the fellow's card at that time, but didn't take good enough care of it. So, lost the personal touch and contact info.

Lesson learned!

PS -- The phone number worked like a charm, and I spoke with Alan in CPS Irvine (who is the person I was referring to). He could see my package and it was the next one to be dealt with. He allowed me to go into detail describing the camera/lens behavior -- that's very reassuring service. I should have an estimate in about an hour. Much obliged, compadre!

Nov 29, 2012 at 10:19 PM
ben egbert
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Is CPS down?

Glad it worked. I am near Salt Lake so a long drive for me.

My camera appears to be misaligned from lens mount to sensor. I get oof on the left when the center and right side are fine. Happens on too many lenses for me to think its the lens.

Nov 29, 2012 at 11:09 PM
ben egbert
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Is CPS down?

I posted this at the new Canon forum and got an official reply. The problem is with Google Chrome. They suggest using IE. I have not tried it yet because I am not sure I have IE fully installed. I may try it in Safari which is my secondary browser.

http://forums.usa.canon.com/t5/General-Camera-Discussion/CPS-having-technical-issues-with-renewal-and-adding-products/m-p/5571/highlight/false#M306

Nov 30, 2012 at 05:12 PM
ben egbert
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Is CPS down?

Safari worked. I was able to renew and add lenses.

Nov 30, 2012 at 05:56 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password