Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Kashmir- into the mountains #1

Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Kashmir- into the mountains #1

This is the last section of my series on Kashmir, India. Anyone interested in looking at the other posts- use Kashmir as the key word.
Leaving town and Dal Lake behind, I "hired" a car and driver (the Brit and Indian term), and went into the mountains for a day trip.
It was just an ordinary "Designed and made in India" car (reminded me of a smallish version of cheap American cars, circa the early 1940s), but this truck was loaded with character. There were some sections of mountain roads where you really didn't want one of these things coming at you.
Location was along a small bridge over some unnamed river (well- unnamed to me ).

Charlie Shugart 2012

Nov 29, 2012 at 03:00 AM
Mirza Ahmad
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Kashmir- into the mountains #1

Nice, trucks in the Indian sub-continent are icons in their own right. Kashmir is a beautiful place, my elders speak of it fondly unfortunately it has been closed of for tourism for many years, I hope things change for the better.

Dec 01, 2012 at 12:38 PM
Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Kashmir- into the mountains #1

Glad you like the image, Mirza.
I'm not sure about your meaning, i.e. "...closed off for tourism for many years."
I just Googled it and every source I read indicated that although political problems occasionally slow tourism down- Kashmir is definitely open for tourism.
Charlie

Dec 02, 2012 at 07:51 PM
sozypozy
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · Kashmir- into the mountains #1

Kashmir is still open for tourism and a lot of people go there, that too frequently.

Jan 06, 2013 at 10:00 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password