Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Peter Iredale

Oregon Gal
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Peter Iredale

A shipwreck on the Oregon Coast south of Astoria, Oregon. Shot this past Sept. Barbara

Nov 29, 2012 at 01:53 AM
Scott Kroeker
• • • •
p.1 #2 · Peter Iredale

OH GREAT! MORE reasons to want to go to Oregon!

I really like this. Thanks for sharing!

Nov 29, 2012 at 04:29 AM
Oregon Gal
• • •
p.1 #3 · Peter Iredale

Scott, glad you like the image and hope one day you will get the opportunity to visit Oregon

Nov 29, 2012 at 05:30 AM
savingspaces
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · Peter Iredale

Beautiful capture!

Not sure if this is ok, but here is a daytime version.

P1060202 by savingspaces33, on Flickr

Nov 30, 2012 at 07:56 AM
Lee Wiren
• • •
p.1 #5 · Peter Iredale

..... at Sunrise, Oct. 2009, it's slowly fading away and will soon enough become just a story for the grandkids.....

Love the oranges in your sunset sky Barbara, nicely shot.

Nov 30, 2012 at 07:59 AM
StarNut
• • •
p.1 #6 · Peter Iredale

Lovely shot, Barbara! I've been there, and very much appreciate your artistry in this capture.

Edited on Nov 30, 2012 at 06:33 PM · View previous versions

Nov 30, 2012 at 04:53 PM
gregfountain
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · Peter Iredale

Sweet shot Barbara!

Greg

Nov 30, 2012 at 04:57 PM
Oregon Gal
• • •
p.1 #8 · Peter Iredale

savingspaces, yes I have a similar images taken during morning hours as I was able to spend 3 days there camping.

Lee, wonderful color you captured in the sky. I would love to return and take some more shots, hoping for nice skies.
We arrived late afternoon and unfortunately it was the only day we had any clouds so I was scrambling to get a few shots, got skunked the next 2 evenings with cloudless skies.

StarNut, thank you and I really enjoyed my time spent trying to capture the nuances of the wreck.

Greg, glad you like the shot!

Nov 30, 2012 at 08:23 PM
Lee Wiren
• • •
p.1 #9 · Peter Iredale

Not sure what you use for PP Barbara, but i'm wondering what difference it would make if you filled in some shadows in the foreground and tried to get some light on the wreck. I realize you may have left it as is and may not care to fill in any shadows, I just wondered if you did what that may do for the shot..... I am going to have to try that spot again soon someday.

I am off to the coast tonight but the boss has instructed me to leave my camera at home and that I would have to be able to live off my iPhone camera.... I am hoping to flex my skills with some of the nicer camera apps.... we'll see what, if anything I can come away with....

Nov 30, 2012 at 09:39 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

woos
• •
p.1 #10 · Peter Iredale

Nnnnoooooo don't leave your camera at home! And yes, the oregon coast rocks. Hope this is okay, here's my version:

Nov 30, 2012 at 10:57 PM
Achilles2010
• •
p.1 #11 · Peter Iredale

I liked all the sunset shots! Great job.

Arthur

Nov 30, 2012 at 11:15 PM
Lee Wiren
• • •
p.1 #12 · Peter Iredale

Very nice Woos... again, I wonder the same about lifting the shadows.... you can add a little contrast to keep the reds in the sand.... really love the way the sand is in this shot... the boat is melting right into it.... the orange hues on the sand is awesome...

Hope you don't mind..... I can take it off if you do Woos, I played around with things in LR4 on your image to see what I could do with it... thought you may like this take, again, I can delete if you want.....

Dec 01, 2012 at 12:53 AM
Garrick L
• •
p.1 #13 · Peter Iredale

Very nicely captured there Oregon Gal

Dec 01, 2012 at 01:27 AM
alatoo60
• • • •
p.1 #14 · Peter Iredale

Like all of those, really cool colors.
Here is a night time version

Dec 01, 2012 at 03:14 AM
woos
• •
p.1 #15 · Peter Iredale

Hehe I have no problem with anyone taking and tweaking my shots as long as credit is given, so go nuts! ;-) Hehe

Yeah, it does sort of melt into it...I kinda shot it that way... but yeah, everyone has a different taste in what looks best. I do have some different shots of it...it's really a great place! I mighta ended up with a slightly different shot had I had the d800 at the time, hehehe....

Love the night shot ala!

Here's another, yeah it's hdr so sue me .. ;-)

Dec 01, 2012 at 03:18 AM
John Richter
• • • •
p.1 #16 · Peter Iredale

Hi Oregon Gal,

I shot this once as well. I really like your version here with the silhouetted lines of the wreck. Nicely done.

JBR

Dec 01, 2012 at 03:24 AM
Oregon Gal
• • •
p.1 #17 · Peter Iredale

John, thank you.

Lee, I use LR4 and CS6 but the image was edited entirely in LR4. Yes, I can get some light and detail into the hull of the ship but for this rendition choose to keep it silhouetted. I may try a couple of different versions.

To everyone else above, really a wonderful selection of images from the wreck. Woos your image is beautiful and I love Lee's re-work of it. Barbara

EDIT: To add a new pic

Dec 01, 2012 at 05:34 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password