Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

  

Archive 2012 · D700 CLA
  
 
zhangyue
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · D700 CLA



My D700 is approach three years. I wonder have anyone send their body to Nikon to do a full set of CLA?
My body rubber part start lose, and sensor will benefit from thorough clean.

Do I need pay? how much. I am a original owner of this camera and it is less than 3 years old.

Thanks for any help.



Nov 28, 2012 at 08:44 PM
Chris Court
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · D700 CLA


I'm interested in experiences with this also.

C



Nov 28, 2012 at 09:21 PM
runamuck
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · D700 CLA


Back in the days of all mechanical cameras, a CLA every few years was cheap insurance against breakdowns. Now, the shutter is the only moving part aside from buttons and knobs.

If a CLA increases your confidence in your camera, it may be worth it. For me, I just run it til something breaks.



Nov 28, 2012 at 09:24 PM
Reagan
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · D700 CLA


I sent my D700 to APS and had the sensor cleaned They checked the AF and checked other things
It was $105 If you want the sensor clean only it is $45
Round trip back to my house 6 days and I was very happy with their work

Reagan



Nov 28, 2012 at 09:42 PM
davidnholtjr
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · D700 CLA


zhangyue wrote:
My D700 is approach three years. I wonder have anyone send their body to Nikon to do a full set of CLA?
My body rubber part start lose, and sensor will benefit from thorough clean.

Do I need pay? how much. I am a original owner of this camera and it is less than 3 years old.

Thanks for any help.



I have not and I've had it since it came out in 2007. Still pretty much looks brand new and only about 8K on the shutter.

Your looking at $100 or so for a CLA I would think.



Nov 28, 2012 at 09:55 PM
Zebrabot
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · D700 CLA


there's still a bit of mechanical parts with the mirror and other adjustments for focus that can get thrown off over time.


Nov 28, 2012 at 11:25 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



zhangyue
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · D700 CLA


Thank you guys for all your inputs. I have seen my D700 sensor has many dust once I shoot lens slow down and rubber part seems loose. I know it is easy to DIY for both.

I think i am not very clear in my OP. I wonder if Warranty covers it? I know lens has 5 years in US but how about body?

As for moving part, There might be not many moving but with long term usage, there is quite a bit parts benefit from checking like sensor plain could be mis aligned, shutter time could be off, AF module distance could change over the time etc..

Though nowdays, 95% percent of my photos is by using Manual lens. If need to pay more than $100 and wait long,(one week will be OK!) it may not worth it.



Nov 28, 2012 at 11:45 PM
tjpenton
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · D700 CLA


Body is a 2 year warranty


Nov 28, 2012 at 11:51 PM
davidnholtjr
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · D700 CLA


zhangyue wrote:
I think i am not very clear in my OP. I wonder if Warranty covers it? I know lens has 5 years in US but how about body?



Camera body only has 1 year warranty.



Nov 28, 2012 at 11:53 PM
NightOwl Cat
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · D700 CLA


In the US, Nikon bodies have a one year warranty, Canada and Europe enjoy a two year warranty on Nikon bodies. Send it to APS, you'll get it back faster. I sent in two bodies and had them back in my hands in a week from shipping out.

zhangyue wrote:
Thank you guys for all your inputs. I have seen my D700 sensor has many dust once I shoot lens slow down and rubber part seems loose. I know it is easy to DIY for both.

I think i am not very clear in my OP. I wonder if Warranty covers it? I know lens has 5 years in US but how about body?

As for moving part, There might be not many moving but with long term usage, there is quite a bit parts benefit from checking like sensor plain could be mis aligned, shutter time could be off, AF
...Show more



Nov 29, 2012 at 12:13 AM
lara_ckl
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · D700 CLA


Nikon Canada's CLA for a D300 is C$212.43. This is the "initial" quote. It might be more if they find something that is beyond what Service Repair Rank B1 covers. That's about 1/3 to 1/2 of the market price of a D300.


Nov 29, 2012 at 01:09 AM
zhangyue
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · D700 CLA


Thanks for all feedback. Very helpful. This is exact info I needed.

I don't think Mine will worth the trip. There is nothing wrong with the camera. I can have it sensor cleaned for $40 at local camera shop if I don't want DIM.




Nov 29, 2012 at 06:29 PM





FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password