Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Red

merv.carr
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Red

I like this pic, I was trying out the 1.8 85mm, caught the focus wrong, but the pic really appeals to me. What do you think?

Nov 28, 2012 at 03:58 PM
douter
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Red

It is an interesting take on focus plane. It's not bad in the right context.
Douglas

Nov 28, 2012 at 04:01 PM
Langran
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Red

In all honesty I'm seeing the focus as being a bit of an issue but the main problem is the pose. She looks like she's mid blink and it is incredibly unflattering. I don't mean to be harsh but I think you've probably got some better shots in the set if you were testing it out. I'd try and nail the focus on the eyes and get a better expression

Nov 28, 2012 at 07:14 PM
CW100
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Red

merv.carr wrote:
I like this pic, I was trying out the 1.8 85mm, caught the focus wrong, but the pic really appeals to me. What do you think?

g

I think if you had the focus on the face and a slightly different pose then it would be better

Nov 28, 2012 at 07:33 PM
merv.carr
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Red

Is this one better? She was reading something and I was being "sneaky" grabbing a few pics, that is probably why it looks like she was in mid blink.

Nov 28, 2012 at 07:35 PM
DTOB
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Red

Better yes, but I'm not sure why her hair is the subject.

If her hair is meant to be the focus, then I wouldn't have chopped it off at the bottom and left so much space at the top.

Nov 28, 2012 at 08:01 PM

Jim Rickards
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Red

In both shots the focus is not in the right place.

My advice is to continue being sneaky - take some more. Once you get a well focused shot, you'll leave these behind.

Nov 28, 2012 at 08:47 PM
merv.carr
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Red

As I mentioned in the original post, I did miss the focus, but I like the pic anyway. Her hair is really that colour!

Nov 28, 2012 at 09:01 PM
jefferies1
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Red

I like #2 best but would prefer the eye in focus other than the hair. The eyes are still the focal point as shown.

Nov 28, 2012 at 10:38 PM
gempixel
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Red

Doesn't do much for me, but if you like it live the dream.

Nov 30, 2012 at 03:09 PM
cmillc22
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Red

pretty girl and nice color of red for natural hair. Now then, if you want the attention to the hair then i would suggest to make sure to clean it up in post production from any lens dirt or fuzz or flakes. What ever your subject is to be, make it as neat and clean as possible or you will draw attention to that which should not be there.

Nov 30, 2012 at 03:32 PM
dcains
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Red

I'll go against the trend and say I like the first shot as-is. No need to over-analyze it, as some of you may be doing. The title is "Red", and my initial thoughts on this shot were that the subject and focus are the lovely red colors of the girl's hair. I don't need to see her eyes, nose, or anything else in focus. Works for me, as it seems to for the OP, too.

Dec 01, 2012 at 06:38 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password