Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Fuller and his Guitar

kluckie
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Fuller and his Guitar

It's been a while. Here is a recent shot of my son. Just messing around in the back yard.

Nov 28, 2012 at 12:52 PM
Eyeball
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Fuller and his Guitar

Handsome guy.
What I like:
- Nice composition of your son in the frame (off-center)
- Nice, albeit neutral/serious expression
- Attractive high-key-ish exposure/processing
- Catchlights in the eyes that livens him up
- I like the way the background provides leading lines to the face

What I like less:
- Hot red (and to some extent the neck) of the guitar sort of spoils the high-key effect and pulls attention away from your son. The whole point was probably to show him WITH the guitar but I would be tempted to pull back the saturation of the red to go with a more consistent high-key/low contrast look.
- I'm not sure if it is due only to the diffuse light or if you also did some Recovery/exposure adjustments in post but the skin tones of his face are almost gray and the low local contrast in his face removes a lot of character and sculpting. I like the high-key-ish look as I said but if you compress the tones too much in the face it starts to lose its dimensionality
- There is another current thread of a child with a guitar that has some discussion you might want to look at regarding the pros and cons of cutting off parts of the guitar. The cut-offs honestly don't bother me much here although I would be tempted to include more of the bottom part of the guitar (and de-saturate the red as already mentioned).

Nov 29, 2012 at 01:14 AM
John Power
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Fuller and his Guitar

That fretboard looks wide! I believe that's the economy version of the Strat and my Strat fretboard doesn't look near that wide. Maybe it's the camera angle... just say in'

Nov 29, 2012 at 02:22 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password