Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · The Mono Subdued

pumaknight
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · The Mono Subdued

Such interesting colours apparent...the normal heavy pinks I saw, the radiant oranges I captured. But this shot...the lat tendrils of light as the earth's own shadow started to rise and paint the sky lilac? Well, this is the shot that I found spoke the most of the eve at Mono Lake.. I hope you like it too..

http://www.tojustbe.co.uk/wp-content/gallery/distant/monolilac.jpg

www.tojustbe.co.uk

Nov 28, 2012 at 10:22 AM
Mirza Ahmad
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · The Mono Subdued

Not bad, but I guess the hills subdue the outcrop.
Mirza

Nov 30, 2012 at 10:31 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · The Mono Subdued

I have been there when the pinks come out along the horizon, it's a beautiful sight! I like what you were going for there, but I do think having a set of tufa's that were a bit more interesting would help. Also, the glow from the earths shadow feels pretty subdued, I know the color can range up higher along the horizon, but I am barely picking it out. Maybe pump up the saturation a bit more? Leave the blues as is, but push the other colors more?

Jim

Dec 01, 2012 at 07:30 PM
Kee Woo Rhee
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · The Mono Subdued

What a composition! Once in a while, this kind of shooting is all fun. I like it a lot.

Dec 01, 2012 at 07:48 PM
pumaknight
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · The Mono Subdued

thank you all...

@JimFox....I have other tuftas and a whole range of the colours and compositions. For some reason this one just appealed to me the most, and you are right about the shadow and the tonality...just not what I wanted this shot to say

Dec 02, 2012 at 07:48 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password